AWESOME 1967 Cherokee 140/160 For Sale

RadioRalphie

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ralphieflies
My awesome 1967 Cherokee 140/160 is for sale. It is a "one of a kind" restored Cherokee.

1967 Cherokee 140/160
Annual due 7/09
IFR
3280 TT (times approximate)
120 SMOH
KLN94 Color GPS
Icom A200
Wheel pants
Droop tips
Canopy cover
Val INS422 Nav/com/vor/loc/gs/marker beacon
Impeccable complete logbooks with No Damage History listed

Work performed during "wings off" restoration in 2004/2005:

Engine overhauled w/160 hp upgrade and new Millenium Cylinders
Camshaft and Crankshaft sent to Lycoming for inspection
New Powerflow Exhaust
Prop repitched
EVERYTHING firewal forward new or rebuilt
New Paint (old paint stripped)
New interior
All exposed interior sufaces repainted
All new interior carpet, fabic, headliner and plastics
New custom panel
New digital outside air temperature
New analog clock
All new circuit breakers
All instuments new or overhauled
All new switches
New digital tachometer
New throttle cable/control
New mixture cable/control
New door seals
All new glass
New hat rack
All new stainless steel screws
Gap seals
Wing root seal
All new fuel lines
All new brake lines
Refurbished yokes with dual PTT
4 place intercom
New tires
New brakes
Rebuilt struts
Much, much more.....
Total $30k in receipts for parts and accessories not including labor
which was lovingly performed by prior owner retired AP

Work since my ownership:

New spinner w/front and back plate
KLN94B color GPS
Yoke mount and hard wiring for Garmin 496
Ram mount and custom wiring for Icom Handheld
Matching Custom Rocky Mountain Sheepskins

Some Pictures http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=12bk0ozh.bu18phpx&Uy=-2fpdz5&Ux=0&UV=672368911327_916645367605

Price $38,000

I can deliver or arrange delivery any where in Continental US if needed.

Ralphie.
Email me for more pictures Rcomm4321@aol.com

Last edited:
Sounds nice, and can't complain about the price. If I didn't have one already I'd buy yours. Good luck with the sale.

What a beauty! Whatta deal.

You need to raise your asking price to make us all feel better. :ihih:

What a beauty! Whatta deal.

You need to raise your asking price to make us all feel better. :ihih:
I can do that :D It was listed at $38,950 couple of weeks ago. Maybe I will start raising the price.

you should add the panel pics you have on the other site,...

Very nice and clean setup, and if I had some $$ and a partner I'd be calling,.. unfortunately, I don't have the $$.

I agree; beautifully clean, and I'd like to see the panel pics, please.

What is gross and useful load? Fuel capacity?

I agree; beautifully clean, and I'd like to see the panel pics, please.

Try to be more nonchalant. The drooling is conspicuous.

PM me and I will send pics. For some reason there's no option for downloading pictures. You can see it on Barnstormers.com.

Useful 850 lbs Fuel capacity 50 gals.

Ahh,.. Ralph,.. till you get 5 posts here you can't upload attachments. Its a way of keeping SPAM down I think.

From your AOPA thread, here are your panel pics. :)

Attachments

• SSPX0027.jpg
    SSPX0027.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 81
  • SSPX0028.jpg
    SSPX0028.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 35
  • SSPX0030.jpg
    SSPX0030.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 47
  • SSPX0040.jpg
    SSPX0040.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 47
Call me stupid - but is the GPS installed in a manner approved for IFR? I'm looking for a CDI/Glideslope indicator. Perhaps it's in the circular radio head in the lower left of the sixpack.

Call me stupid - but is the GPS installed in a manner approved for IFR? I'm looking for a CDI/Glideslope indicator. Perhaps it's in the circular radio head in the lower left of the sixpack.
No the GPS is not installed for IFR. The Nav unit is located where the bank indicator is normally located. Its a self contained digital Val INS422 Nav/Loc/GS/Marker Beacon receiver.

If anyone is interested I have a used Garmin SL30 with MD200 CDI/Loc/GS (same as Gi106a) for sale that could be installed. The CDI could be interfaced with the KLN94 with a switch. I was going to have my avionics shop do the install. I bought the DA20 and decided to sell the Cherokee.

Last edited:
It's a lovely airplane - I'd suggest you put the extra nav gear in your ad as having the 94 approved for IFR would be a plus.

It's a lovely airplane - I'd suggest you put the extra nav gear in your ad
For sale Garmin SL30 and Gi106 CDI (MD200) $3000 if you purchase the plane or $4000 stand alone. New price is about $6k.

The harness is prewired connecting the two. Mounting tray included.

Attachments

• SSPX0108.jpg
    SSPX0108.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Price includes an Icom A14 hard wired as second Com. I have a 2 month old Garmin 496 available for sale as well.

It's a lovely airplane - I'd suggest you put the extra nav gear in your ad as having the 94 approved for IFR would be a plus.

Yeah, it not being IFR ready does detract from the saleability of it. I suggest an HSI, and Aspen may be the ticket....

I second what Henning said, but keep the price the same ;)

It's already a very fair price for what you are getting. IFR would be nice, but weigh against other planes in the competition. I bet for comp models in the price range this one already looks pretty sweet.

Good luck with the sale.:thumbsup:

It's already a very fair price for what you are getting. IFR would be nice, but weigh against other planes in the competition. I bet for comp models in the price range this one already looks pretty sweet.

Good luck with the sale.:thumbsup:
The plane is IFR equipped and only needs to have the Static system certified. The avionics shop forgot to do that when they upgraded the panel.

The GPS unit is not IFR as configured (can be) but the plane has a stand alone Nav unit with LOC/VOR/GS/Marker Beacon. The GPS unit needs a CDI and annunciator panel (maybe not on that according to avionics shop) to be IFR.

Last edited:
The plane is IFR equipped and only needs to have the Static system certified. The avionics shop forgot to do that when they upgraded the panel.

The GPS unit is not IFR as configured (can be) but the plane has a stand alone Nav unit with LOC/VOR/GS/Marker Beacon. The GPS unit needs a CDI and annunciator panel (maybe not on that according to avionics shop) to be IFR.

Tell you what, put the 530, GMX-200 and G-600 in it and I'll give you the $36.5k for it....:D

Did you just use the words 'awesome' and 'Cherokee' in the same sentence? Nice is fine. Clean is OK. Even 'cherry' or lovingly cared for. But awesome?

Did you just use the words 'awesome' and 'Cherokee' in the same sentence? Nice is fine. Clean is OK. Even 'cherry' or lovingly cared for. But awesome?
Hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :ihih:

Clip the wings, chop the top and put a 1425hp PT-6 on it, now we run into the realm where it's "almost awesome", but still a Cherokee 140.

Cherokees are awesome, just get over yourselves! :mad3:

Let's clarify definitions, this is awesome:

2729148877_c725bb79fa.jpg

Yeah!!! I'm part Cherokee, and I'm awesome!
Which part?:wink2:
My dad was a member on the Cherokee roll in Murphy, NC, so it is politically okay for me to make politically un-okay jokes. Oh...sue me!:lightning:

THE CHEROKEE IS IFR. The GPS is currently setup VFR. There is a Val INS422 NAV unit installed. It is a Glide Slope/VOR/Localizer/Marker Beacon Receiver.

Back