Avionics Upgrade

Thx for the detailed info and the only thing I need vacuum for is AI- no boots.

What about Aspen, would resistors need changed as well? Need backup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aspen also emulates the KI525/KCS55 so yes, would need to change resistor matrix.

I don’t install Aspen so not 100% sure, but I believe in general they do require backup instruments unless you install two, but the pro eliminates the need for backup attitude.

The more I call the more frustrating it gets. Leaning towards the 275’s and sending in my 430w for a refresh but can’t find anyone to install till next year. Sad part is a guy on my field has been trying to get set up with Garmin fit almost 2 years and still waiting. Says Garmin has to do a site visit but not sure when they can get to it. This is the kind of crap that makes me want to rip out everything that has Garmin on it. Hell I would even install myself if I could just get someone to verify my work and sign off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I call the more frustrating it gets. Leaning towards the 275’s and sending in my 430w for a refresh but can’t find anyone to install till next year. Sad part is a guy on my field has been trying to get set up with Garmin fit almost 2 years and still waiting. Says Garmin has to do a site visit but not sure when they can get to it. This is the kind of crap that makes me want to rip out everything that has Garmin on it. Hell I would even install myself if I could just get someone to verify my work and sign off

There’s a 20+ week waiting list for equipment alone, every shop (avionics, mechanic, etc) has help wanted signs out…now’s a bad time to be in hurry.

Not sure I understand the issue -- are all the Garmin-affiliated shops near you booked up? If it weren't for the pandemic, I'd suggest trying a Canadian shop (they do a lot of work for U.S. owners, and can quote in US dollars). I needed only a day's worth of work done, but I was able to book a slot at Brant Aero (a Garmin and Avidyne dealer) in Ontario with only 3 weeks' notice.

Not sure I understand the issue -- are all the Garmin-affiliated shops near you booked up? If it weren't for the pandemic, I'd suggest trying a Canadian shop (they do a lot of work for U.S. owners, and can quote in US dollars). I needed only a day's worth of work done, but I was able to book a slot at Brant Aero (a Garmin and Avidyne dealer) in Ontario with only 3 weeks' notice.

Will look them up as I could use a vacation anyway. Yes, every single shop that I called to install Garmin can’t do anything for me till sometime next year.

There’s a 20+ week waiting list for equipment alone, every shop (avionics, mechanic, etc) has help wanted signs out…now’s a bad time to be in hurry.

But you have a guy that can install but Garmin is dragging their feet. Looks like they would be interested in getting this guy set up.

Back