Avionics thefts- Chicago edition

How does someone make money like this long term? You cant keep selling to the same avionic shop. Pretty quickly, it will become evident they are installing stolen equipment. I cant see pawn shops taking this stuff in.
So is it multiple ebay/craigslist accounts?

How does someone make money like this long term? You cant keep selling to the same avionic shop. Pretty quickly, it will become evident they are installing stolen equipment. I cant see pawn shops taking this stuff in.
So is it multiple ebay/craigslist accounts?
Facebook too.

Besides Craigslist and eBay, there are myriad stolen goods fencing outlets on the internet disguised as secondhand merchandise. Not sure about avionics, but high end watches, bags, jewelry, shoes, all have multiple outlets. They even advertise on TV.

The thing about avionics is that they are serialized, though I don't think the serial numbers are routinely noted in an equipment list. At least, I can't find mine.

The thing about avionics is that they are serialized, though I don't think the serial numbers are routinely noted in an equipment list. At least, I can't find mine.

You can find serial numbers in logbooks, flight manual supplements and 337s.

Back