Avionics Shop

Tan

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TheCapTan
Can anyone recommend a quality avionics shop in southern Ca.

I recommend Affordable Avionics out of Chino. Talk to Deepun and tell him I recommended their work. They also have a shop in Thermal. I like that they are a true Garmin dealer and also carry other brands like avidyne. They just completed a major avionics upgrade of my C182p with G3x, GFC500, GMA350, GTN750xi and GNX375. Deepun and his team can be reached at (909) 606-9876 and they have legit shops/large hangars for work at both location. You can also check out their website at AffordableAvionics.com but it could use some updating. I will be posting more about my panel in the future.

I have also used High Desert Avionics at Fox field. They are a great family operation and very friendly / helpful but the distance and availability was my deciding factor to use Deepun at affordable. Jeff and his son at High desert did a good job of fitting me in two years ago to install a GNX327 transponder I urgently needed as a stopgap though. A little pricy for what the labor was but they were helpful.

Thanks for your response. I have spoken with a Jeff from High Desert. I really like them. I have a quote but am not sure if they are overpriced. I also tried contacting Advantage at Chino but they are booked till October.

Jeff is a really nice guy and super helpful. I really liked interacting with his family during past visits and they did a bunch of work on my buddies C182 years ago. I just found Affordable was just that, affordable and available to get the work done that I need more quickly. Their pricing was straight forward. The more quotes that you have, the more educated you become. Also one shop may recommend a different package or option you didn’t consider. Howard’s at Pomona is another quote worth checking but they are rather pricy and you get what you pay for. Howard’s has a very clean operation and a large hangar from what I’m told and have seen. You could also check out Pacific avionics out of Oregon. While they are tempting due to the lack of sales tax, it’s worth calculating the cost of fuel, engine wear, time and transportation home when you select an avionics shop. As a business owner I just hate wasting a shop’s time creating quotes and not throwing them work but I guess that’s the cost of doing business.

Back