Avionics in our replacement Bonanza

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
I posted this in a followup to my thread on Wanted: when we were looking for a replacement Bonanza for our club but I'm going to try to repost in Avionics. Fingers crossed it will repost with pictures.

The avionics is significantly different enough from our club standard that our instructors have put together a ground school (online meeting now) for the members. I did manage to sit through one of those but have yet to get to the airport to actually see our new plane, to say nothing of getting to actually fly ... anything! This work from home for everyone has turned my normal 12/5 and weekend on call into nearly 24/7/365 support as those who don't normally work from home try to get their job done. Cannot WAIT for them to all go back to the office again!

Anyway, screen shots from our training course on our avionics. We've got 2 GTN750 and a G500, with engine instruments non-standard from our previous Bo's.

View attachment 84080 View attachment 84081 View attachment 84082

Garmin has the GTN Trainer for iOS (iPad) but not the G500 sim... only on Winders. So, firing up Virtual Box with Windoze 10 and trying to run the integrated GTN/G500 sims is taxing my macBook but it's sort of useable. Mouse movements are laggy and clicks may or may not happen. But, it's enough to see what it does and how they work together.

Back