Avionics delay!

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
Argh!!! After having my expected completion date for the autopilot installation pushed back once, to early this week, I just found out the plane won't be ready until early NEXT week. Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Not only am I grounded for another weekend, now the task of getting down and back to Brandywine to bring the plane home is more complicated. Weekend easy, workweek not so easy.

More time to play with my new toy, a Garmin 396, but I WANT MY PLANE BACK!!!!!!!

Well where are you Flyer, i'm in Harrisburg,maybe i can give you a ride to Brandywine. Dave G

Trim switch "fell apart" when installing A/P disconnect. Had to order a new one, not in 'til tomorrow, so no time to finish/test in time for the weekend. Grumble.

I'm just o/s of Philly, so a bit out of your way! Thanks for the offer - it's great to be a part of such a supportive community. Heck, I just posted to vent!!!

On the brighter side -- this G396 is AWESOME!!!! I don't know if I'll be able to stop playing long enough to change my daughter's diaper. Well, ok, maybe not. But still. I hope the neighbors don't call the police when they see some freak running around on the deck in circles, jumping up and down, while leaning left and right. It's just me trying out the panel page.

flyersfan31 said:
I hope the neighbors don't call the police when they see some freak running around on the deck in circles, jumping up and down, while leaning left and right. It's just me trying out the panel page.

haha i did that with a buddies palm based GPS at the airport one day. got lots of funny looks...

Poor baby. My airplane was down for a month last year for my annual. I've heard nightmare stories either here or on the Red Board about engine overhauls taking months or years.

Are you using Penn Avionics? I use to use them when I was based at N47 and they were still at N10.

Oh man, yeah I've heard some horror stories. A six month overhaul is unimaginable. Three weeks is manageable - I can handle it. I know I can. Just a little longer. Just a little longer. Just a little longer.:goofy:

Yeah, I'm using Penn Avionics. They're really great, nice people, helpful, knowledgeable. I wish they were still at N10 so I could just ride a bike to get the plane. And I wish that trim switch hadn't broken.

To echo Dave, I work in the King of Prussia area. If you want to pick your plane up during the week and are anywhere nearby, I can run you down during lunch. Even more fun would be flying down from N10 in one of their Skyhawks :D I don't think I've ever taken a lunchtime flight.

What Joe you've never had a nooner before? Ya gotta do it sometime. GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER FOLKS. I'm talkin mental health break from work.

yes that is nice adam, i did that on valentines day. left early, flew the ercoupe for half an hour or so, then back to work
was a great break in the day

I had a client who flew a beautiful Grumman AA1, 160HP, real gem. Said he was not flying it enough, moved it from his ranch strip to Dallas Love (hangared it with Regal Aviation, some stunningly-nice people), and got me named on his insurance.

Love Field is 5 minutes (maybe) from my office, so I did get in one "nooner" flight.

Sadly (for me), he sold the plane right after (it was, from the time he listed it on the AYA to the time he had a verbal "I'll take it" on the phone, maybe 2 hours?).

Nice fun, that was.

==

edit: Looks like that plane lives in PA, now, Canonsburg- anyone know Philip Kantor?

Attachments

• 11 24 03 002.jpg
    11 24 03 002.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
SCCutler said:
I had a client who flew a beautiful Grumman AA1, 160HP, real gem. Said he was not flying it enough, moved it from his ranch strip to Dallas Love (hangared it with Regal Aviation, some stunningly-nice people), and got me named on his insurance.

Love Field is 5 minutes (maybe) from my office, so I did get in one "nooner" flight.

Sadly (for me), he sold the plane right after (it was, from the time he listed it on the AYA to the time he had a verbal "I'll take it" on the phone, maybe 2 hours?).

Nice fun, that was.

Wow! Snatched form right under your good fortune. Did oyu already have a plane did not want to buy another?

smigaldi said:
Wow! Snatched form right under your good fortune. Did oyu already have a plane did not want to buy another?

If I had wanted a two-place airplane, I would have jumped on it so fast... it was what I believe to be the nicest of its breed in the known universe; dual NAVs, dual COM, IFR-Cert GPS, built in (and propserly-approved) stereo, and as nice as the paint looks, the interior was equally nice. When I flew it, I always got compliments, wish they'd been for *my* plane...

WoW! an AA1 with 160hp pants, rudder cap, I bet that thing hauled posterior end. the one I flew had 90 or 115hp respectivly

AdamZ said:
WoW! an AA1 with 160hp pants, rudder cap, I bet that thing hauled posterior end. the one I flew had 90 or 115hp respectivly

The AA1x's have the 115 HP engine. THe O-320 upgrade to 150 or 160 HP from what I hear is a hoot to fly. Yes, fuel burn is higher, but if you need range, throttle back to standard AA1 speeds.

Last edited:
Back