Avidyne 10.3 is finally out

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
Best new feature IMO is the ability to display adsb traffic and weather from portable devices.

Time to call your dealer and set up an upgrade.

• Visual Approaches
  • VNAV (advisory on IFD5XX)
  • Support for Tandem/Remote VHF COM/NAV tuning in dual installations.
  • CDI scaling for Oceanic mode
  • GI275 interface
  • Map Zoom down to 1/2 mile
  • Power Lines added to database
  • RADALT display (via 429)
  • RF Legs
  • Additional ADS-B weather products
  • Display of ADS-B traffic and weather from portable devices
  • Extended support for Flight Operational Quality Assurance (FOQA)
  • Support for Twin Engine aircraft on Fuel Calc Page
  • Ability to import user waypoints from CSV file
  • Improved Wi-Fi configuration to ease integration with Stratus, Foreflight and other Wi-Fi connected devices.
  • Improved pilot Setup and configuration pages
  • Up to 10 User Profiles
  • Weight Calculator
  • Certified TAWS (paid option)
  • 3-arc Second HD Terrain Data (paid option)
  • and many more

I'm not going to be an early-adopter. Looking forward to a few months of PIREPs before I take the plunge.

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard about the portable ADSB-In (Stratux) ability to be piped in and displayed to the panel. That’s awesome. I don’t mess with iPads for local VFR flights, so that’s useful to me; Stratux is always on for PAX.

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard about the portable ADSB-In (Stratux) ability to be piped in and displayed to the panel. That’s awesome. I don’t mess with iPads for local VFR flights, so that’s useful to me; Stratux is always on for PAX.
Goes to show the FAA isn't completely closed to progress.

I have never been able to transfer flight plans from ForeFlight. Maybe this will help.

I have never been able to transfer flight plans from ForeFlight. Maybe this will help.
That would make me angry. Mine occasionally balks, but usually works the second time. In comparison, my Garmin GNC-355 never blinked once. They do call out improvements in this, so hopefully they've resolved the issues.

I did the update on my IFD-540 last night. I won't be able to flight test it until Monday. I'm looking forward to trying out the new features.

Back