Aviation Youtube video

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
Some videos are well done and others are just plain Whack. Nice music helps too.

I saw one awhile back with the Lenny Kravitz "Fly away" song, but can no longer find it. Anyone know?

Here's the song if it helps jog anyone's memory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2uQ8GMHlTI

Thanks.

I'm a big fan of this one (both the song AND the video):

I liked this song when Jeb Corliss first used it. Now it is in half of the GoPro Aviation videos and I"m sick of it.

His joystick was all over the place and it looked like the airplane wasn't responding as quickly.

...but why share a video you DON'T like???

His joystick was all over the place and it looked like the airplane wasn't responding as quickly.

From what I've read, that's normal for Airbus. They change the sensitivity of the joystick for different speeds.

Also the aircraft maintains the last input (to some extent) when the stick is centered/released. Stick out of center makes a change, stick centered it maintains what it's got. Kinda.

So you end up wagging the stick back and forth from centered to about halfway out in it's available travel to make tiny changes at low airspeeds.

They say you get used to it pretty fast.

If you watch the aircraft's response to the wagging of the stick in the video, it makes more sense knowing the above.

That's just from online reading and research. I'm sure an Aibus expert will be along shortly to explain it better.

As far as the video goes, I liked his multiple shots of the same airports cut together in different lighting and weather conditions. It's a nice editing effect.

...but why share a video you DON'T like???

Interesting, he uses the stick like a pump switch against a limiter. I bet lots of Airbus guys do. This is why the PF of AF447 threw the plane out of control the moment he touched the stick in alternate law. Thanks for that video, It just explained a lot to me.

It's the same motion you see in people playing video games with non-feedback joystick controllers.

(yawn) thread creep...and I didn't even get my answer

Not it, but that vid def makes me what to go flying (maybe not some of the things he was doing)

Back