Aviation weddings (Joe Areeda)

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
I was wondering who else here had an aviation theme wedding? Tom and I were planning to get married on our grass runway, but it was a wild and stormy day, so we got married in a hangar in front of our airplane. I have pictures of the airplane decorated if anyone wants to see them. Our minister was a fellow pilot, and the wedding songs were related to aviation. For our honeymoon we flew the Skyhawk to Canada and hopped on a floatplane to an isolated lodge in the middle of nowhere.

Speaking of aviation weddings, our very own Joe Areeda is getting married on January 5th. Stephen Gray, a fellow pilot and forum member here, will be officiating. Congratulations Joe! :yes: Wish we could be there to celebrate with you.

I wish. We're having our's in the twin cities, so I suggested we just hop over to MSP, but that didn't "fly." Traditional wedding it is, I guess.

OK guys and gals, how about some suggestions for an Aviation blessing at the end of the wedding service. Can't promise that we will use it but let's see how creative you can get.
I consider it an honour to be a part of Joe and Viveca's special day and it would be fun to have a part of the service that had been created by members of the forum.
Stephen.

Part of our wedding vows was a hangar for me, and a gazebo for her. I got the hangar a few months ago, and wrote on the key chain that I owe Steph a gazebo. It's on the refrigerator.

Jeff

It would be really cool if we had a wedding at one of our fly-ins, like maybe Gaston's. :yes: Or even a marriage proposal would be fun!

If I ever get married...and dont elope...everyones invited to my wedding. It will be aviation themed. :D
I'd propose to you this very night except I swore off marraige. I can't think of a nicer person to spend the rest of my life with.
And if you tell anyone I said that, I'll disavow it.

I'd propose to you this very night except I swore off marraige. I can't think of a nicer person to spend the rest of my life with.
And if you tell anyone I said that, I'll disavow it.

You're gonna need to change your "my heart is in" coordinates... :yes:

Here is the final outcome of that fateful day. :D

Joe posted this picture on the red board, but for those of you that don't go to that forum, here 'tis. Joe and Stephen look VERY nice all dressed up. :yes:

Attachments

• WedPartyPilots-sml.jpg
    WedPartyPilots-sml.jpg
    724.8 KB · Views: 63

Joe posted this picture on the red board, but for those of you that don't go to that forum, here 'tis. Joe and Stephen look VERY nice all dressed up. :yes:
Thanks Diana, I was just gettiing around to putting up that picture, here.

Here's one of the airplane we closed on a day or two before the wedding (2 of the 4 (total) partners went to Manassas to do the deal). It's currently in El Paso waiting for the weather to clear.

Joe

Attachments

• 9PM.jpg
    9PM.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 27
Nice picture Diana and congratulations Joe! But who are the other people in the picture? (I can figure out who Joe is...)

Nice picture Diana and congratulations Joe! But who are the other people in the picture? (I can figure out who Joe is...)
Joe has the walrus mustache and is wearing a penguin suit (a clue is he who has his hands on the lovely bride). To his right is Stephen and to his right is Rob. That's all I know.

Joe is one of the nicest, knowledgeable guys one could ever hope to meet.

Lets hope so 'cause we know how arbitrary and capricious those moderators can be over there. :D;);):D
that's why we bought the airplane 2 days before so we could combine the topics and make it aviation related.

Joe has the walrus mustache and is wearing a penguin suit (a clue is he who has his hands on the lovely bride). To his right is Stephen and to his right is Rob. That's all I know.
Stephen/Bonanza is the minister who performed the wedding. Rob (wyoav8tor) also posts here. The other gentlemen are John, Columbia 400 owner who I worked with for almost 30 years, Pete a helicopter pilot I trained with. That picture was of the people with pilot's licenses.

Ricard said:
Joe is one of the nicest, knowledgeable guys one could ever hope to meet.
Thank you, that's very nice of you to say.

Joe

I tell you what, Joe, she's a very lucky lady. You're a hell of a guy, and you're one of the nicest, to boot. I'm intrigued about the aviation themed wedding. What's the details?

Stephen/Bonanza is the minister who performed the wedding. Rob (wyoav8tor) also posts here. The other gentlemen are John, Columbia 400 owner who I worked with for almost 30 years, Pete a helicopter pilot I trained with.
Thanks. It's always interesting to know who the people in pictures are. Congratulations to you and Viveca! :cheerswine:

Back