Aviation Weather sent to your phone.

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
Is there any place I can have Aviation Weather sent to my Cell Phone in a text??

There's lots of sites that will do this. Some are free and some charge monthly fees. Usually the ones that charge will have a lot of other features like the ability to send weather maps via MMS.

I use flightaware. You can get METARs and TAFs.
http://flightaware.com/mobile/emetar/

What feature do you want? Have you read any of the pages about the soon-to-be-released JesseWeather notifications?

You can define rules for the airport -- for example: If the wind is over 20 knots or the ceiling is less than 1500 ft send me a notification to my cell phone.

The above will be released to public by end of week.

Thanks everyone!! I have not read anything about the jesseweather stuff, but that sounds like a good deal.

Mostly I just want weather reports from my home airport sent to my phone for my Flight lessons.

Google has a text service. Send a text with metar(insert ICAO identifier here) to 466453. For instance, if I want weather for elmendorf, I send metar paed to the number, and voila!

Google has a text service. Send a text with metar(insert ICAO identifier here) to 466453. For instance, if I want weather for elmendorf, I send metar paed to the number, and voila!

you must have some advanced feature on your phone, when I do that I get 2 messages;
a) "1/2 webL * Airnav:KABC - ABC airport www.airnav.com Complete aero info boblawboblaw"
b) "2/2 location, rwys, taxiways, navaids, rdos, view all results at this url: "

is there an answer for the OPs question that does not involve internet access using the cell phone?

Hmm, I don't know. I have a iPhone 3GS, a blackjack II before that and they both worked fine.

is there an answer for the OPs question that does not involve internet access using the cell phone?
Depends what OP wants exactly. If he wants to know when the weather is good for him to fly as a student, the jesseweather notifications will do the job without phone internet access.

Depends what OP wants exactly. If he wants to know when the weather is good for him to fly as a student, the jesseweather notifications will do the job without phone internet access.

I bet the OP will enjoy jesseweather, the LP is going to!

Whats the deal!! Flightaware no longer sends METAR's to my phone!

Back