Aviation Weather Course

Matt Goodrich

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Matt
I just scheduled my PPL checkride and was told my examiner is really into weather. I feel I am weaker on weather than I would like to be. I did the Sportys PPL course, and see they have a weather specific course as well. Has anybody done it - does it overlap a ton with the weather content in the PPL course? Any other solid weather courses or resources out there?

Everything you need to know for your check ride is right there in the Sporty’s Private course and at 1800wxbrief online.

Go back and do weather theory and services sections of your training and get into the online weather briefings and become familiar with products.

Unfortunately enough most CFIs don’t cover weather in depth, I don’t know why, well I can speculate but that’s for another thread.

I just scheduled my PPL checkride and was told my examiner is really into weather. I feel I am weaker on weather than I would like to be. I did the Sportys PPL course, and see they have a weather specific course as well. Has anybody done it - does it overlap a ton with the weather content in the PPL course? Any other solid weather courses or resources out there?

This is a great presentation:

Good on you for continuing your aviation education. I wouldn’t try to talk you out of that. You should always keep learning. But for PPL checkride-sake, you pretty much want to stay safe and out of unsafe weather conditions - turbulence, ice, storms, and IMC. Figure out how what you already know/learned about WX can keep you out of that stuff. Know your weather tools/resources and what they can tell you. Sure, knowing how weather works and changes is very important; But keeping yourself out of the undesirable changes is key...use the weather tools to stay safe and steer clear. Keep learning though.

Everything you need to know for your check ride is right there in the Sporty’s Private course and at 1800wxbrief online.

Go back and do weather theory and services sections of your training and get into the online weather briefings and become familiar with products.
When I hear the phrase, “everything you need to know,” I automatically question the competence of the speaker.

Sorry, Clip...heard it too many times. ;)

Back