Aviation W&B App stop working

Scott@KTYR

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Scott@KTYR
i just discovered my Aviation W&B App stopped working with iOS 11. It says the developer need to update the app. So sad, that was my best app. Can anyone recommend a good W&B app.

9bc3a817-ecb2-4898-9bdf-eef625bfc1e2_1.023da3903b684fdb7d4d1d8eac71bb8d.jpeg

I used the same app and had the same problem. I switched to WnB Pro. It works the same...it’s pretty much the same thing, if not slightly easier.

For what exactly?
Punch in the "variable" weights - people, fuel, baggage and get a nice plot of CG and weigh with and without fuel drawn in the W&B box (along with the aft limit for spins) with a title, list of weights, how much weight to remove if over gross, etc.

But having run the "worst case" scenarios, I just printed those and stuck them in the book and never bother with checking any more.

Foreflight has a decent Weight and Balance tool, and plotting the needed takeoff and landing requirements are pretty straightforward with the graphs included most POHs

I had experiments with a few different apps, but I'll ultimately just found it easiest to use old school calculator and pen and paper

i just discovered my Aviation W&B App stopped working with iOS 11. It says the developer need to update the app. So sad, that was my best app. Can anyone recommend a good W&B app.
Is the app you are referencing the one that has the green icon with the peace symbol?

Same thing happened to me. I switched to Jazz W&B and like it a lot more than the aviation W&B app I was using.

That was a good one. But as others have indicated, ForeFlight's has gotten as robust in features and ease of use. So that is the one I use now.
i will give it a try.

Yeah, that was a pain to find out. I usually turn off push notifications, so not sure if they tried, but it sure would have been nice to know before it just disappeared. On the bright side, I tried using Foreflight’s W&B and it’s ridiculously easy to set up and use. Since I’m already in Foreflight all the time anyway, the app maker’s lack of updates actually did me a big favor. One less app on my phone and iPad now!

One thing I like on FF's app is the ability to keep common items associated with the particular station.

For example, I do Pilots n Paws flights. So for the baggage area, I have four entries labeled "Dogs", one at 10 lbs, one at 25 lbs, one at 50 lbs, and one at 100 lbs. So once I know the total weight of canines and crates, I can quickly select the correct entry.

Same for back seat where I have entries for LH seat and RH seat, and different weights.

Back