Aviation Vanity Car Tags

flav8r

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
David
Do you have a vanity tag on the ground based vehicle that is aviation related?
I would like to see how many different tags we can come up with.
I'll start off by posting this tag that I recently found in my town.

4624238027_a8121b2cb9_m.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a vanity tag on the ground based vehicle that is aviation related?
I would like to see how many different tags we can come up with.
I'll start off by posting this tag that I recently found in my town.

Previously posted
attachment.php

CVRMYVI - what does that stand for I can't seem to see it?

CVRMYVI - what does that stand for I can't seem to see it?

COVER MY SIX.

At first I thought it was something about a cockpit voice recorder in a Gulfstream VI, but I don't think their numbering goes up that high. ;)

Mine is:

IFLYSLO

Most people think it says I Fly Slow or I Fly Solo, but it is camoflaged from the FAA--

You have to say it with an downtown Flint accent:

I Flys Low :rolleyes: :D

Barb

Mine is:

IFLYSLO

Most people think it says I Fly Slow or I Fly Solo, but it is camoflaged from the FAA--

You have to say it with an downtown Flint accent:

I Flys Low :rolleyes: :D

Barb

~~~~~~~~ Slow, low, solo - all works!

TangoWhiskey is correct... It is a military aviators term meaning "Watch my six o'clock position for bad guys".

It took me a full day of dwelling on it to figure it out.

~~~~~~ well, duh, mental head slap - now I see it... helps to remember the military lingo :smile:

I had a friend who flew a F16 and on his OLD Pick Up truck he had a bumper sticker that said: "My other car is an F-16"

I have CLR2TKF - Clear to takeoff. CLR4TKF and about 5 or 6 others I came up with were taken in PA

I have FLYBOY1. I'm not a big vanity plate guy but my daugter got it for me for fathers day so how could I refuse.

The first aviation related vanity plate I ever saw was in Texas, sometime in the late 60's...the plate read, "OX5 JN4". I loved the subtlety.

I had "MEFLY" with a frame that said "I don't drive too fast, I just fly too low" on the Benz, and "MEFLY2" on the other car when I lived in SoCal. Still have the plates, but can't get them duplicated up here as someone already has them. :-(

N7872G on my pickup. A tailgate sticker reads, with a picture of my plane, "My other truck is a Cessna C-172L at Wiscasset Airport.

Feb. 01, 2011 EDIT: N7872G has been moved to my Ford F-150 replacement of the Chevy S-10. Now I need to get a new tailgate sticker as described above to put on the Ford.

Attachments

• Truck Load2.jpg
    Truck Load2.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Ford F-150_2.jpg
    Ford F-150_2.jpg
    647.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

I truly hope to Odin you didn't pay money to have that emblazoned on a license plate. That's the kind of thing an ex-wife/girlfriend would write on our door in lipstick (or paint, or with a pen knife).

How about BIGWATCH or CSHACHK?

I truly hope to Odin you didn't pay money to have that emblazoned on a license plate. That's the kind of thing an ex-wife/girlfriend would write on our door in lipstick (or paint, or with a pen knife).

A guy in our Soaring club has "THERMAL" as his plate.

In 1984 we bought a new car. My wife came up with a great idea for a personalized plate, combining my profession (lawyer) and passion (pilot). The car and the plate are long gone, but the name seems to have stuck.

:cheerswine:

Attachments

• pilawt.jpg
    pilawt.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 61
The DAR I use for 8130's has;

FLYSAFE

Most of the 1701's are taken both on aircraft and in colorado.

Back