Aviation Titles Streaming Netflix?

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
Hello everyone,

To save money (and since I have a Roku) - I downgraded to Netflix streaming only.

In doing a search for "plane" or "aviation" or "air" or whatever, I can't seem to find any pilot stuff.

Can anyone help? What aviation related titles should I put in my line of titles waiting for me at home to watch streaming?

Thanks,

Kimberly

Airplane

Apollo 13

The Right Stuff

Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo

Strategic Air Command

Six Days Seven Nights
(Harrison Ford plays a pilot)

Magnificent Men in Their Flying machines (a true classic)

Flyboys

The Red Baron

Amelia

and of course there are countless WWII back-white movies with aviation theme

(if some of them are not streaming they soon will be)

Last edited:
Fate Is The Hunter.

Dunno if it's on Netflix, but Sixteen-Right is an awesome documentary on GA.

Don't remember the title, but therenis a good one about bush planes in Canada with Jimmy Cagney.

Dr. Strangelove - best movie ever. ;)
"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."

That was one of my favorite movies as a kid, as well as the Blue Max.

Fate Is The Hunter.

Dunno if it's on Netflix, but Sixteen-Right is an awesome documentary on GA.

Don't remember the title, but therenis a good one about bush planes in Canada with Jimmy Cagney.

Forget One Six Right on Netflix - you're going to want to buy that one, based on how much you love aviation. I play mine every few months - it is beautifully filmed.

Battle of Britain - mostly real planes, no CG. The Stukas were flying models but most of the other planes were the real deal in real flight, unlike Pearl Harbor which is a must NOT see.

Twelve O'Clock High - My favorite film

Tora, Tora, Tora - Real airplanes, some were modified, but still real.

Flight of the Intruder - Underated flic. good look at Vietnam era carrier ops. A rarity.

The Bridges at Toko-Ri - Rare look at Korean war jet carrier ops. Good story, cast, etc. Also a fave.

663 Squadron - Cliff Robertson.

The Great Waldo Pepper - neat flying, good story, Bob Redford.

Blue Max - already mentioned

Tuskegee Airmen - made for TV movie, but OK.

The Final Countdown - some flying, some carrier ops, somewhat hokey story but not bad, nonetheless, in my opinion. Fun to spot the bloopers. I suppose I'm a bit biased on this one, as they filmed on the Nimitz when I was there in '79. I have an autographed photo of Kirk Douglas flying right seat in my airplane.

"Bridges of Toko-Ri" -- Funny how just about any movie with Glenn Ford is worth watching no matter what the genre. Not able to say that about too many actors and films in the current age.

"Battle of Britain" -- Love watching the mass formation takeoffs, on grass. And, "Takka! Takka! Takka!" does occasionally ring in my brain as I follow the plane in front of me down long final approach.

"Bridges of Toko-Ri" -- Funny how just about any movie with Glenn Ford is worth watching no matter what the genre. Not able to say that about too many actors and films in the current age.

Great actor, but he wasn't in it. :D

The Final Countdown - some flying, some carrier ops, somewhat hokey story but not bad, nonetheless, in my opinion. Fun to spot the bloopers. I suppose I'm a bit biased on this one, as they filmed on the Nimitz when I was there in '79. I have an autographed photo of Kirk Douglas flying right seat in my airplane.

I forgot about that one. Loved it!

Near the begining is a scene where a bunch of B-17's are turning base / final and landing. Pay close attention to that for when people talk about "bomber patterns"...

I've noticed that. They are in a constant 30 - 45 degree turn, and only turn wings level just prior to touchdown.

Battle of Britain - mostly real planes, no CG. The Stukas were flying models but most of the other planes were the real deal in real flight, unlike Pearl Harbor which is a must NOT see.

Twelve O'Clock High - My favorite film

Tora, Tora, Tora - Real airplanes, some were modified, but still real.

Flight of the Intruder - Underated flic. good look at Vietnam era carrier ops. A rarity.

The Bridges at Toko-Ri - Rare look at Korean war jet carrier ops. Good story, cast, etc. Also a fave.

663 Squadron - Cliff Robertson.

The Great Waldo Pepper - neat flying, good story, Bob Redford.

Blue Max - already mentioned

Tuskegee Airmen - made for TV movie, but OK.

Didn't realize there could be "fake" planes. But I guess that makes sense.

I've noticed that. They are in a constant 30 - 45 degree turn, and only turn wings level just prior to touchdown.

Dude! You gave it away!

Yea, they flew a pattern that was even tighter than what I fly in my little taildragger.

Didn't realize there could be "fake" planes. But I guess that makes sense.

"Fake planes" = anything computer generated, or models used to mimic real planes. I think I'd take the models over CG which just looks weird to me.

Six Days Seven Nights
(Harrison Ford plays a pilot)

Magnificent Men in Their Flying machines (a true classic)

Flyboys

The Red Baron

Amelia

and of course there are countless WWII back-white movies with aviation theme

(if some of them are not streaming they soon will be)

Harrison Ford did much of the piloting in the movie and used his own aircraft for many of the scenes. He's a great actor, but his reputation seems to indicate he's a fine pilot also!

Watched Final Countdown last night, enjoyed it! Lots of plane pixelage. Especially enjoyed the landings and takeoffs from the carrier, and interesting history. The hokey was easily overlooked.

Thread bump 4 years later...???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's good internet manners not to start a new thread if one already exists that fits your post. :wink2:

Back