Aviation Theme HOTEL?

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Possibilities: Here's one for Jay, in the great Northeast. Plenty of parking, multiple rooms for guests; large function rooms; many restaurants within a couple miles; 8000' ILS runway within sight; historic college town; only 8 years old. Photographed on March 24, 2012 while setting up for Rwy 19L.

HR

Attachments

• Hotel on BL DSC00805 (3).JPG
    Hotel on BL DSC00805 (3).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
Possibilities: Here's one for Jay, in the great Northeast. Plenty of parking, multiple rooms for guests; large function rooms; many restaurants within a couple miles; 8000' ILS runway within sight; historic college town; only 8 years old. Photographed on March 24, 2012 while setting up for Rwy 19L.

HR

The parking lot seems deserted. It is closed/for sale?

Closed/for rent as hotel and/or conference center; probably not for sale. It was built in 2004 by the U. S. Navy within NAS Brunswick. NASB was officially closed as of April 02, 2011. The entire former NAS property is now known as Brunswick Landing, under the MRRA(Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority) ownership/management. The airport section is now known as Brunswick Executive Airport KBXM.

Those housing units at left in the image are a small part of what was only a section of Navy housing.

The contact at MRRA is Steve Levesque, who steamrolled the whole MRRA:
sl@mrra.us.

HR

Last edited:
They can fly in and check on their relatives in jail next door. :D

Well, the closest jail is nearer the Wiscasset Airport, but only 12 minute drive from Brunswick.

:eek:) I'm not sure, but I think that's the former Navy building that is now leased to some private(commercial)computer software storage firm that has the capacity to store something like 30 times what the Library of Congress can safeguard. The only way into the building is if your finger prints will let you pass. I did a serious crop of my original exposure but it's too grainy to show; but it's obviously "secure," what with the chain-link fence et cetera surrounding the building.

I've driven past the facility, there being a huge variety of streets, avenues, and villages/settlements within the former Navy complex.

HR

Sure looks like a jail right behind it.

Agreed.. What with the 15' tall chain link fence with barbed wire on top and the guard tower looking down on the grounds..... I would say the "software" company ain't gonna get broken into any time soon.:no::no::D

Wow -- that place is HUGE.

Our lodging concept is limited in size by our ability to deliver breakfast to our guests. We didn't even buy the buildings across the street from our current hotel (which the previous owner wanted to include in the deal) because we couldn't figure out how to get breakfast delivered by 7 AM to too many units so far apart.

The only other option would have been to serve breakfast in the lobby, and that was unacceptable to us.

So...thanks, but no thanks. It sure looks nice, though.

:eek:) I'm not sure, but I think that's the former Navy building that is now leased to some private(commercial)computer software storage firm that has the capacity to store something like 30 times what the Library of Congress can safeguard. The only way into the building is if your finger prints will let you pass. I did a serious crop of my original exposure but it's too grainy to show; but it's obviously "secure," what with the chain-link fence et cetera surrounding the building.

I've driven past the facility, there being a huge variety of streets, avenues, and villages/settlements within the former Navy complex.

Sounds like Iron Mountain, or a competitor.

Our lodging concept is limited in size by our ability to deliver breakfast to our guests. We didn't even buy the buildings across the street from our current hotel (which the previous owner wanted to include in the deal) because we couldn't figure out how to get breakfast delivered by 7 AM to too many units so far apart.

Oh with an aviation theme, you need some kind of aeronautical delivery method. Potato cannon comes to mind. A little hair spray, a ball of hash browns... CLEAR! Whump... ;) ;) ;)

Agreed.. What with the 15' tall chain link fence with barbed wire on top and the guard tower looking down on the grounds..... I would say the "software" company ain't gonna get broken into any time soon.:no::no::D
The company that's in there specializes in fighting(designing systems to thwart/prevent???) hackers from doing the dirty deeds. Many of the world's huge companies' data is stored/secured by the facility whose owner was an adviser to many of those business giants. He started this company, then relocated to this building which, as a Navy facility, already had the ultra secure factors about its facility.

HR

The company that's in there specializes in fighting(designing systems to thwart/prevent???) hackers from doing the dirty deeds. Many of the world's huge companies' data is stored/secured by the facility whose owner was an adviser to many of those business giants. He started this company, then relocated to this building which, as a Navy facility, already had the ultra secure factors about its facility.

Interesting. Does he have a huge staff?

Reason I ask is that the gear required to "stop hackers from doing their dirty deeds" isn't exactly bulky or power hungry.

There's a few companies that specialize in shunting off the mass traffic of a Distributed Denial of Service attack, but what they need is access to large fiber bandwidth pipes, not so much real-estate for the routers or even that many servers.

They also don't require huge amounts of physical security, although most of their top-level staff are on organized crime hit lists the world over...

Back