"Aviation security" in PTS

AlphaWhiskey

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
AlphaWhiskey
So I f...ed up the oral on my private on Friday (totally sucks but noone to blame but me so I'm not whining) and I want to be sure to have all the Special Emphasis Areas covered for my next try. Can anyone give insight into the PTS Special Emphasis area of "Aviation security" (page 7 #14)?
Thanks in advance!

I think you can go on the Gleim site and study the sample lesson on this subject. It was one of the options on the FIRC that I completed last month.

So I f...ed up the oral on my private on Friday (totally sucks but noone to blame but me so I'm not whining) and I want to be sure to have all the Special Emphasis Areas covered for my next try. Can anyone give insight into the PTS Special Emphasis area of "Aviation security" (page 7 #14)?
Thanks in advance!

Thanks but only lets me do the first part of Gleim free.
I will ask my CFIT instead.

CFIT: Certified Flight Instructor Tom

The security section is the final section of the FIRC and is optional free lesson on the FIRC. Dunno about the other programs.

Thanks but only lets me do the first part of Gleim free.
I will ask my CFIT instead.

There is no advisory circular guidance listed in the PTS for Aviation Security...

That's because the things private pilots are required to know about security are secret, so private pilots are not allowed to know about them!

That's because the things private pilots are required to know about security are secret, so private pilots are not allowed to know about them!

Shhhh! It is supposed to be secret that secret knowledge is required. The CFI security stuff is beyond retarded, the correct answer is; tell/ask your supervisor.

Shhhh! It is supposed to be secret that secret knowledge is required. The CFI security stuff is beyond retarded, the correct answer is; tell/ask your supervisor.

"Double Secret Probation".

CFIT: Certified Flight Instructor Tom
:rofl: that's some funny stuff right there.

I don't know why, but that hit me just right this morning and I can't stop laughing. :goofy:

"Double Secret Probation".

Exactly -

If you see people you don't recognize who look out of place, ask if you can help them. If you are not shot or beheaded, then they are not a threat. That's pretty much the scope of it - feel free to call law enforcement if you see a problem . . . or just want to punk your friends.

Last edited:
Exactly -

If you see people you don't recognize who look out of place, ask if you can help them. If you are not shot or beheaded, then they are not a threat. That's pretty much the scope of it - feel free to call law enforcement if you see a problem . . . or just want to punk your friends.

I have 1-866-GA-SECURE on speed dial

Sorry, gave up on this thread too soon.
CFIT = controlled flight into terrain
The aviation security is a special emphasis area in the PTS and I was worried I would miss something on round 2 of the oral so I was really plugging hard. He didn't ask me about it.
The stuff that really did me in on round 1:
Airspaces on the sectional (I memorized and got all the conditions correct but got confused on the sectional)
Amount of extra fuel for VFR (I said it was either 30 min or 45 min but I would allow an hour to be safe, the real answer is 30 min day and 45 min night)
How many gallons does the 172 hold (how many times did I stick that stupid tank and still got it wrong, I'm a moron!)
What is a microburst (I was clueless, downdrafts assoc with a t-storm, very dangerous, killed lots of people in Texas once on an airliner)
Explain LAHSO (I missed this when studying the special emphasis areas in the PTS and my CFI never talked to me about it, again a stupid mistake on my part)
Anyway, other than confusing a heading on the flight portion, I passed with no trouble on the second go around. Halleluyah!
Thanks for all the great humor!

The aviation security is a special emphasis area in the PTS and I was worried I would miss something on round 2 of the oral so I was really plugging hard. He didn't ask me about it.

What if anything did he ask about aviation security during round 1?

How did you plan your XC without knowing how much fuel was in the plane when you took off?

He didn't ask in round 1, just was afraid that I missed one "special emphasis" area (LAHSO) so he might ask about another. Last time I had checked the plane it had 11 gallons per side so I said 22 (insert your mockery here) instead of 38 usable. Still would have been more than enough to finish the xcountry.

Oh, I think I misread your question. He ask about total fuel capacity, not current total. I always stick the tanks before I go.

He didn't ask in round 1, just was afraid that I missed one "special emphasis" area (LAHSO) so he might ask about another.

Thanks. I thought you stumbled in round 1 because of the "aviation security" subject area. I don't think thai I have received any training on it, so I'm wondering what it's about. I'll ask my CFI soon.

I asked mine and he had no idea so I think you are safe not worrying about it. Definitely focus on the other "special emphasis" areas in PTS in preparing for the checkride.

Back