Aviation Podcast recommendations?

You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many times I rejected and re-recorded that silly 60 second commercial for Aaron Tippin's concert at SnF a few years ago for Shallbetter.

I have one take that was nearly perfect with a dog barking in the background that I couldn't hear until highly amplified playback, others where I gaffed the script and couldn't recover it and just started laughing, and I don't know what all.

It wasn't a good day to record. You just keep going and grind it until it works on those days.

Watching the guys that do video podcast re-do take after take, makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a fork, even though I know it has to be done.

Putting out something people won't want to gouge their ears or eyes out with a fork listen to it or watching it, is the goal, and sometimes it's hours and hours of work for just a few minutes of usable audio or video.

Used to listen to airplan geeks but they started adding listeners voice mails that would go on for 5 mins before they actually got to the question

APG is just the same.
Brilliant post! I will be taking into account some of your comments for any future guests on my Australian based podcast which is at www.goflying.net.
It's a bit UK centric, but if you don't mind then Flaps is a fun and breezy aviation show. They very often have interviews with celebrity pilots etc.

UCAP I've kind of given up on. All they do is comment on aviation news, rather than actually speak about where they've flown or trips they've made recently, which is more my interest. Nobody there seems to ever fly except for Jeb.

Pilot's Journey is better in this regard, but it's so dominated by one of the Stuart's (the one in Idaho), that it gets boring. He always hogs up 90% of the airtime and goes on and on. Plus it's very CFI centric.

Podcasts very easily become incestuous - they start inviting other aviation podcasters or people in that biz, rather than take the time to interview real pilots or aviation people. It gets boring with all that internal admiration as no real topics get discussed. No new blood.

I wish there was a show that dealt with people that actually flew real trips, in real weather, used it for business etc. Interviews with real pilots. Or interviews about ownership, operating costs, what models, how to step up to a new type or class etc. That's what I'd like to listen to, not someone just reading AvWeb briefs and commenting on it.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Boldmethod just started a podcast called "Direct To". I have listened to the first couple of episodes, not bad, they are about the right length at about 25 minutes.

Boldmethod just started a podcast called "Direct To". I have listened to the first couple of episodes, not bad, they are about the right length at about 25 minutes.
Same here. I have listened to the first two and they are not bad.

I really like the Boldmethod podcast.

Not aviation related but The Joe Rogan Experience podcast is one of my favs. I skip the ufc ones but she me of his guests are great. Planet Money by NPR is ok too.

"Simple flight" is a good one too, along with "Aviation Safety" podcast.

Back