Aviation or Maritme Mishap??

It’s a Class A Mishap for sure, but I m pretty sure it falls on the ships reporting responsibility rather than the squadron.

I used to run maritime AND aeronautical mobile ham radio off the ship…

Someone screwed the pooch on that one. I thought the only time a/c on deck were not chained down, was during positioning, and even then, there were a bunch of handlers ready with chains should things go sideways.

I think that one could buy a lot of hold-down apparatus for $65,000,000.

Isn't the average age on one of those things something like 19? Maybe I'm cynical, but I'd call it a win when they bring back the same number of people into port that they left with, and most of the aircraft.

We had an AH-64 that trashed a rotor head and had to be craned off the the Tarawa that was consider a ground handling accident. It was the last aircraft to be recovered and tie downs were not yet on the blades when the Ship made a turn into the wind and went to flank speed…the forward blade flapped up to almost 60 degrees and broke most of the straps in the blades strap pack. We took the hit for the loss and no one was going to blame it on the Ships Company…at least it did not go overboard… it it was made clear the unit owner and operator of the aircraft was responsible to square it away…

Isn't the average age on one of those things something like 19? Maybe I'm cynical, but I'd call it a win when they bring back the same number of people into port that they left with, and most of the aircraft.

Super Hornets aren’t that old

We took the hit for the loss and no one was going to blame it on the Ships Company…at least it did not go overboard… it it was made clear the unit owner and operator of the aircraft was responsible to square it away…
That’s ‘cuz you were Army!

Back