Aviation nightmares?

Since I fly mainly ultralights these days, my aviation-related nightmares usually feature birds of prey.

Rich

:D:D I've had hawks go after a few of my rc airplanes. Does that count as a bird strike?

I've woke up a couple of times in the last few weeks thinking I'll never figure out how to teach this crap...

LOL... well, kinda LOL... or not. :)

Or is that :(

I guess I'll decide if it's a nightmare or not in a couple of weeks.

Aviation nightmare... uhhh , what we're going through at work right now....

That good, huh? Like new ground bad stuff that nobody's ever done before, or standard aviation stuff that's happened over and over and over in the last 100 or so years? :)

Like AD stuff being revisited... 56 inspections to accomplish, 12 completed with a 50% failure rate. And, replacement components, failing too, right out of stock. Yeah, standard aviation stuff, just on a grand scale.

Took off on a 13hr red eye flight with 2 pots worth of coffee for about 285 people. It was a nightmare for everyone else but me. I don't drink coffee.

Never. Not even after flying 2 combat tours in SEA, and losing 2 GIBs.
I've never had a bad dream associated with my time in the service.
Whenever I dream of flying, it's always some of the most restful sleep I have.
Weird.

Not really a nightmare or a re-occurring dream, but every now and then I have a dream where I am flying, and suddenly the floor of the plane falls away. Nothing falls out, the plane keeps flying, just the floor falls away and I can look straight down and see the ground. Then I think to myself.... "Boy it is sure going to get windy in here now..."
Reminds me of an old Get Smart episode.
latest

Reactions: Ted
N73711 (the convertible) was broken up and scrapped on Maui.
That's not to say that other 737's that took a lickin' didn't keep on tickin.
Taca flew one through a level 4 thundestorm, flamed out, and landed it on a dike in Louisiana resulting in a permanent 1' deflection in the wings. They flew it out. Southwest bought it and is still flying it.

My aviation nightmare is being trapped in a plane out of control and just watching the ground come up. I think it comes from watching the video of that C-130's wings falling off and the fuselage tumbling to the ground.

You know that cow on the Chick-fil-a commercials? Yeah, that. A midair with that cow. That ****ing cow. How the **** did it get up here anyway?

Back