Aviation museum in Warner Robbins?

dwalt

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DWalt
Anyone ever been? My girlfriend and I are right now on 75N on the way back from Gainesville and are thinking about stopping and checking it out...any know if it's worth stopping at?

Anyone ever been? My girlfriend and I are right now on 75N on the way back from Gainesville and are thinking about stopping and checking it out...any know if it's worth stopping at?

IIRC, it is the USAF's second biggest museum. They have everything you'd want to see, including an SR-71. What they don't have is *the* most famous B-29 or B-17, or whatever. Those examples are in Ohio or DC.

Yep, excellent museum. Worth the detour. No IMAX stuff, just a lot of historic aircraft. Free too. :)

Well worth the visit ,I was pleasantly surprised on my visit.nice display hangars plenty of parking and its all free.

it's funny. I live in Warner Robins and never went until a year or two ago. It is neat, especially since it's free. It's a 15 minute drive off I-75; you have to go across Warner Robins to get to the museum.

I concur. Excellent museum. Until he died a few years back, Robert Scott had an office there and frequently met with visitors. He was a great guy, always good for a laugh.

Back