Aviation ---- (mostly)

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
I was just reading about photographing the Blue Angels. One photographer's team did a shoot that resulted in a transparency 18 feet high and 60 feet long.
Planes #4, 3, 2, and 1, seemingly wing-to-wing, and streaming the crimson vapor. It's a terrific shot probably viewed by millions of passers-by ..........
at Grand Central Terminal in NYC. If it's still there it's weathered well; the pamphlet I've read is the Kodak Movie News, dated Summer 1959.
The shoot was done, partially, from within a P2V Neptune bomber.

I have the complete series of the publication, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter 19ty-19ny, from 1959 to 1968. In the same edition(above) is an article about making home movies, written by Ozzie Nelson - (The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet). I'm feeling old. The collection was given to me by an elderly actor-friend who was a Navy Photographer's Mate in the 60's. He, also, gave me a near mint 644 page, 8.5 x 11 Navy Training Course - Photographer's Mate 3 & 2. WOW! Just about anything one wants to know about photography(pre-digital, of course) is there, including much about aerial shooting. And there's not a single color illustration in the entire manual. Now I'm really feeling aged. Is the latter a collector's item?

HR

Shucks, Harley. I say you are a veritable wellspring of arcane and enjoyable information. I think what you have there is immanently qualified as a collector's item.

Keep on posting.:)

BTW: time (age) is relative:yes:

Hey Harley just remember your only as old as you fell. That makes me sometime 30ish, sometimes 90ish.But then we are getting older and wiser.
Dave G

Hey Harley just remember your only as old as you fell. That makes me sometime 30ish, sometimes 90ish.But then we are getting older and wiser.
Dave G
Ummm.... "fell"? Let's see, we're discussing age here and older folks aren't as stable... gosh, talk about a Freudian slip! :D

Back