Aviation Insurance

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Along the lines of the renters insurance therad, I'm curious as to what types of insurance folks have renters v. owners v. none and who thy purchase it through. I know some renters that don't carry coverage but can't imaginne an owner that does not. Am I wrong? plenty of Auto owners that don't have coverage. ( Against the law here in PA) I imagine folks love their planes more than their cars though at least on this board.

AdamZ said:
Along the lines of the renters insurance therad, I'm curious as to what types of insurance folks have renters v. owners v. none and who thy purchase it through. I know some renters that don't carry coverage but can't imaginne an owner that does not. Am I wrong? plenty of Auto owners that don't have coverage. ( Against the law here in PA) I imagine folks love their planes more than their cars though at least on this board.
Aircraft insurance, Hangar insurance, Instruction Insurance, it's getting crippling....:-(

bbchien said:
Aircraft insurance, Hangar insurance, Instruction Insurance, it's getting crippling....:-(

You mean i need hangar insurance now too?? even if my aircraft is covered and I only rent the hangar?

Michael said:
You mean i need hangar insurance now too?? even if my aircraft is covered and I only rent the hangar?
Third try to post this.

Well it's like this: Joe PIlot's wife Mary comes into my hangar and trips over the jack. She breaks her leg. I get named. Baaadddd.

This was an extra cost rider to my Owned Aircraft Policy.....

AdamZ said:

I have owners insurance. As for why do some not carry owners insurance I can tell you from the folks I know there is several reasons they do not.

Belief that they will do little to no damage to property in the event of an accident other than to there plane.

Distrust in the insurance company paying off in event of an accident.

Cost of insurance vs worth of older planes

Cost of insurance for pilots over 70 years of age. It is a crime as far as I am concerned what they charge these pilots.

Michael said:

Depends on who owns your hanger. Check you contract.

Back