Aviation income for older folks

Hang 4

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Hang 4
besides airlines (NA for me) and instructing, are there modest income producing options for over 60 folks? (Assuming a commercial certificate)

Air ambulance. Home every night, or day depends on which shift you are on. Usually 14 on 14 off. Pay is pretty decent. Fly as long as you have a current medical. Plus you get to know medical people, which is good for us old folks....:lol:

Part 135, corporate, really anything that requires a Comm Cert.

Boeing stock.
GE stock - yes, it's in the dumps, best time to buy for long term. It will come back and the aviation ( engines, DOD) part is still strong.

besides airlines (NA for me) and instructing, are there modest income producing options for over 60 folks? (Assuming a commercial certificate)
Commercial drones.... As they expand the FAA exemptions of operating higher/closer to aircraft and there's a move to hire people with pilot knowledge.

Glue factory?

I kid, I kid ;)

The drone idea is actually a pretty good call, still aviation, no medical needed to make $$, growing industry.

Last edited:
Skydiving is a great one if you just want a little side cash, currency and practicing short approaches.

Commercial drones.... As they expand the FAA exemptions of operating higher/closer to aircraft and there's a move to hire people with pilot knowledge.

One of our network companies just apparently onboarded a husband and wife insurance adjuster/part 107 team living in an RV. Sounds like an absolute blast

One of our network companies just apparently onboarded a husband and wife insurance adjuster/part 107 team living in an RV. Sounds like an absolute blast

Their names aren’t Mike and Elizabeth, are they? If so, they’re awesome peeps.

Mike is a pilot and was one of the cast of characters on our long-defunct podcast.

When they lived in Vegas, someone had an engine-out in one of their club airplanes and word got around quickly enough that Elizabeth thought it would be nice if she took fresh baked cookies that just came out of the oven to the crash site to share while the pilot waited for whatever needed to be done there. LOL.

We titled one of our podcast episodes, “Cookies at the Crash Site” for that story.

So here’s an upside down 172 and half the club is standing out there in the desert eating cookies and waiting on the flatbed and FAA and all that stuff...

Their names aren’t Mike and Elizabeth, are they? If so, they’re awesome peeps.

Mike is a pilot and was one of the cast of characters on our long-defunct podcast.

When they lived in Vegas, someone had an engine-out in one of their club airplanes and word got around quickly enough that Elizabeth thought it would be nice if she took fresh baked cookies that just came out of the oven to the crash site to share while the pilot waited for whatever needed to be done there. LOL.

We titled one of our podcast episodes, “Cookies at the Crash Site” for that story.

So here’s an upside down 172 and half the club is standing out there in the desert eating cookies and waiting on the flatbed and FAA and all that stuff...
Not sure yet, I will find out when they get farther in the onbarding process

Back