Aviation (Hunting / Fishing / Golf /Snow Skiing)

rkdF250

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Robert
Ok so I have been flying for several years now and I have yet to find a good place on the web to find Activity flying destinations. I have heard of several but find it's hard to get details. If know one knows of a site like this then I plan on creating one that will be free to all pilots. I would make it open to the public but I don't want spam and the like. I have also contacted a few of the guide services here in Texas and they are interested in participating as well. My idea is to make it simple for those who want to experience something new while enjoying the freedom of flying oneself to and from the activity. I love hunting, fishing and golf but find it difficult sometimes to get to and from the actual activity. So another goal is to make sure that any business or guide participating in the program is willing to provide transportation to and from the local airports. For instance one guide service is willing to meet the clients at the local airport and transport them back and even ship the fish if necessary without any additional charge. The main theme will be keeping the cost down so that most can participate. Everyone knows about Angie's List let's make a list of our own that benefits all pilots and their families.

The 74 Ranch in south texas has a airstrip on their ranch.

Thanks for the information I will contact them as well. I hope more people might be interested in this idea. I like traveling and if we can get this up and running I think it will benefit everyone. I hope I am not the only pilot that likes hunting, fishing and golf :goofy:.

Sounds like a feasible idea Robert, I'm interested.

Great, thanks for the input Dave. I am going to let this thread run for about four days then go from there. The website will not take me long to setup and then I will populate with the information I have and others can do the same.

Me and a buddy are doing an Alaskan hunt in September, we'll be flying in to the camp area on a beaver.

Too bad the ol' 235 is so slow, would be a cool trip to fly to Alaska.

Me and a buddy are doing an Alaskan hunt in September, we'll be flying in to the camp area on a beaver.

Too bad the ol' 235 is so slow, would be a cool trip to fly to Alaska.

Sounds like a dream trip. Let me know how it goes and we can include the information on the site. It looks like know one has anything like it so hopefully we will get more such stories.

Any guide service worth a darn will make arrangements to pick you up at the nearest airport and ship game home to you. In Texas a lot of the large ranches will have their own runway, or a neighbor will. I would look at flying into Port Aransas, TX (KRAS) stay at Amelia's Landing, and go fishing fir redfish on an airboat with a guy named Tim Roe. You will have a blast!

Years ago I hunted at a place in Sargent, NE that was a Cabelas hunting lodge. Yet hey would pick you up and ship. I'll see if I can dig up their name.

Dave Krall CFII-Wheels or floats?

Hoping floats!

RKDF250- Sounds like a dream trip. Let me know how it goes and we can include the information on the site. It looks like know one has anything like it so hopefully we will get more such stories.

Its going to be a great trip! We are also looking into a few acres down there to purchase so we can build a cabin by the river for Bear,Moose and fishing access.

Any guide service worth a darn will make arrangements to pick you up at the nearest airport and ship game home to you. In Texas a lot of the large ranches will have their own runway, or a neighbor will. I would look at flying into Port Aransas, TX (KRAS) stay at Amelia's Landing, and go fishing fir redfish on an airboat with a guy named Tim Roe. You will have a blast!

I use to live close to Port A and know it very well . There is nothing better then getting into a red run. A friend and I use to go fairly often and would limit out in about an hour. Amelia's is on my list for many reasons not just fishing. Refugio has some really great hunting lodges as well as a nice airport. I think I will start working on the site next week. Thanks for the input.

Back