Aviation Group Nominated for Nobel Prize

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/04/nobel-prize-st-louis_n_818854.html

The success of St. Louis-based Wings of Hope has really taken flight. The charity, which has more than 3,000 volunteers worldwide, has been nominated for the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize.
Wings of Hope helps more than one million people a year by aiding in infrastructure development in places as varied as Haiti and Congo. Volunteers typically use a small bush airplane to transport supplies, empowering the people of the region to set up self-running systems such as health care and transportation.
The St. Louis Business Journal reported that it was of particular interest to the Nobel committee that Wings of Hope does not accept any government money, including any United Nations funds.
Kudos to them and I wish them luck.

Great. Furst they give it to the duh mooslim usurper, now a bunch of rich pilots.

It would have been a feat for the Martin group.

Airplanes. They're for rich people.

That's an impressive web site
Actually it's not. It's all a bunch of flash with no real text content, would index horribly on Google, and won't work on a lot of mobile phones.

Websites like that lose me within 10 seconds. They try to redefine what the web browsing experience is while not understanding why websites are built a certain way to start.

That said, it looks like a great organization. They just need a better web designer :)

maybe what impressed me was the apparent work that they do.

Actually it's not. It's all a bunch of flash with no real text content, would index horribly on Google, and won't work on a lot of mobile phones.

Websites like that lose me within 10 seconds. They try to redefine what the web browsing experience is while not understanding why websites are built a certain way to start.

That said, it looks like a great organization. They just need a better web designer :)

And then there are people like me, who for malware-avoidance reasons, have their browsers set to not automatically run certain types of software unless I manually add the Web site to a trusted sites list.

A-freakin'-men.

I read a LOT of sites on my phone, which doesn't do Flash.

Flash sites take longer to load, and generally show a lot less content, and that content is harder to find. And sometimes, Flash crashes and I don't bother letting it re-load for a while... It slows everything down.

Any site that's 100% Flash, 100% sucks.

Back