Aviation Down -- Airventure Up...?

A little birdie told me it's in Wichita.
:smile:

possible but i don't have it. There are a lot of Iowa State alum down here. The only college football game I attended in college was Notre Dame/Michigan last year.

I really was a proponent of us dropping down to Division II. The only teams we ever beat were Division II anyway (sometimes), except for Iowa of course. Plus DII doesnt get the TFR that was such a PIA, since airport was within 3 miles of the stadium.

I'm sorry I missed the parties Jay. Ames is far out of my way, but I missed the one in the North 40. Just didn't know where it was, or I would've been there.

I remembered Jay or someone saying something about being off the end of the runway normally, so I took the North 40 bus to that general vicinity and wandered around until I saw a big bunch of people around a Cherokee... Sho'nuff, that was them! :yes:

I remembered Jay or someone saying something about being off the end of the runway normally, so I took the North 40 bus to that general vicinity and wandered around until I saw a big bunch of people around a Cherokee... Sho'nuff, that was them! :yes:

Follow the smell of hops, yeast, and grains, and -- chances are -- you'll find us in the N40! We've got three big coolers that we never refilled all week (after the first day), even though it was constantly being accessed. We had a remarkable array of different beers this year -- Grant even brought a brew that was corked and tasted like a cross between wine and beer. I don't recall the name, but it was delicious.

Or, of course, you could just look for the 15' "Alexis Park Inn & Suites" banner next year.:yes: It's hard to miss.

Normally we're parked within 100 yards of where we were this year. Of course, holds, bad weather, or other problems could change that somewhat from year to year.

Follow the smell of hops, yeast, and grains, and -- chances are -- you'll find us in the N40! We've got three big coolers that we never refilled all week

Then you clearly weren't drinking enough. ;)

Scene from the long walk back from the North 40 to Scholler on Monday night: One drunk pilot says to another: "Dude, check out the moon!" Other drunk pilot says "Uh, since when does the moon say 'BEER TENT' on the side?" :rofl:

I monitor the 9/27 twr freq during the week (which also happens to be the warbird arrival initial freq) and there were several hours on Saturday when the tower broadcasted in the blind "Any inbounds for OSH?". Never heard them do that before in the middle of the day...30 minutes before closing time, yes.

I heard them broadcast that, too, a couple of times... and thought it sounded a lot like an ATITAPA call... from ATC! :yesnod:

Back