Aviation Bucket List

4 I haven't done. But I'm still young :)
One day, when I'm rich in famous, sit in something that has an afterburner.

RAMJET, like 2 J58s is something I'll probably dream about till I die.

I've done 4 out of 10 which isn't too bad for only having my ticket for 6 months. I'm going to add two more to my list, spin training and the SF Bay tour.

8 out of 10 done. No hard IFR yet, and I have not flown in Mexico or Bahamas.

Bucket List

1. Fly to Alaska and rent a plane in Hawaii. After two more states in the NE I will have taken off and landed ( or vise versa) in all 50 states.

2. Learn more aerobatics like overhead breaks. :rofl:

3. Don't kill myself doing number 2. ;)

I have often thought about joining the Earth Rounders Club, but I have not put it on the bucket list yet. If I do I will have to complete it. The RV 10 would be a good plane for that mission.

Last edited:
7 of 10.

11. Flew over/around Niagra Falls - check.
12. Fly over Grand Canyon - TBD
13. Fly in Oz - check
14. Fly in England - TBD (perhaps this fall)

8 out of 10 done. No hard IFR yet, and I have not flown in Mexico or Bahamas.

Bucket List

1. Fly to Alaska and rent a plane in Hawaii. After two more states in the NE I will have taken off and landed ( or vise versa) in all 50 states.

2. Learn more aerobatics like overhead breaks. :rofl:

3. Don't kill myself doing number 2. ;)

I have often thought about joining the Earth Rounders Club, but I have not put it on the bucket list yet. If I do I will have to complete it. The RV 10 would be a good plane for that mission.

6 of 10. Also, no real IFR. But I have flown to Alaska. Mexico / Bahamas are now out of reach without a medical (as well as the real IFR). Hard to take the whole family on a vacation with only two seats.

But, don't think I'm complaining.

7 out of 10, not bad!

Bahamas or Mexico might be the trickiest to get.

Everything but fly a taildragger out of a grass strip. I've watched people I know fly taildraggers out of a grass strip, flown in a Luscombe and a 195(as the passenger) out of a grass strip, and even flown aerobatics (as the passenger) in a Citabria out of a grass strip, but I'm guessing those don't count. :idea:

Last edited:
Everything but fly a taildragger out of a grass strip. I've watched people I know fly taildraggers out of a grass strip, flown in a Luscombe and a 195(as the passenger) out of a grass strip, and even flown aerobatics (as the passenger) in a Citabria out of a grass strip, but I'm guessing those don't count. :idea:

Grass strip is easy. It's flying one in to a very narrow paved strip with a croswind that gets entertaining.

The only one I haven't done is fly the taildragger out of a grass strip. I've only been in a taildragger a few times, never flown, and it was always paved anyway. So one of these days.

As for the rest of the list... fly a Lear 24. Just because they make so much noise. :)

I haven't done 3 of 10. I haven't flown a taildragger off a grass strip, I haven't been to Oshkosh, and I haven't taken a family vacation in an airplane, not that I recall anyway. I've taken quite a few kids on their first flight but not in the way they are thinking.

I have done all but #s 7,8,and 9. I don't think I wil get more than I have now. No instrument flight, No airplane other than 54 November. and no Bahamas. I have done a lot of some of those. I have a bucket list that includes some flights to different places. I think at my age just to keep flying is a bucket list item.
:wink2:

7 of 10. I'm really not interested in the Bahamas or Mexico but I've flown in Scotland. No taildragger. No Oshkosh.
A turboprop, a jet; a twin; and a helicopter license and a whole new list.

No tail wheel ( 3 ) , done the slow flight in the fall but I don't fly that low as a rule ( 6), Leaving for the Bahamas next Friday and have done the rest.

I've done 4 out of 10 which isn't too bad for only having my ticket for 6 months. I'm going to add two more to my list, spin training and the SF Bay tour.

As I said in my PM last year, I can take you on the SF Bay Tour. Let me know, I love meeting local pilots.

6137230472_2271a9819e_z.jpg

We will get together. I'm getting over a cold right now and I don't think you'd want me that close to you. BTW, are we ever going to hear about the return from Monterrey? Or did I miss it?

I've done 8 of them. Just haven't done the Oshkosh and the tali dragger thing. Neither of which I really have a burning desire for. I would like to do some aerobatic flying in a serious high G airplane.

We will get together. I'm getting over a cold right now and I don't think you'd want me that close to you. BTW, are we ever going to hear about the return from Monterrey? Or did I miss it?

You didn't miss it. Part one was SO long I never got started on part two.

But the exciting news is I found some (not all) of my "interesting" conversations on the ATC archives and need to download those to add them to the story. Thank you for reminding me, before they expire in two days. Also, went flying today and had an amazing time. Literally an "unplanned flight" after hanging out at the airport and getting checked out in a new plane. I will drive the extra 1 hour each way for an untowered airport this awesome, it is the "old fashioned GA airport".

I completed my coast to coast trip in 2010, Calif to Maine and back.
Planning my NV to Anchorage and back trip this summer.
Still need to get to OSH.
Still need Diamond Distance. That's a 500km trip in a glider.
Flying taildraggers, not much grass out here, but I flew J3s off the grass at Hampton NH in the early 80s.
Still need to get to Sun-n-Fun.

That's space passenger-ing, not flight. :)

I've come to the hard realization that I'll never have the opportunity to achieve a rating to pilot a spacecraft.... So I guess "passenger-ing" it is.... Although I couldn't afford that either! :rofl:

Back