aviation books for sale

airwolf1980

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
airwolf1980
i've been collecting aviation books for a while now and it is time to "thin the herd." i've got over 6,000 books and a very understanding wife. i started selling on amazon and would love to sell more. i have books on pretty much every aviation subject. if i sell through this forum i can charge less than on amazon, because i don't have to share with amazon. if you own amazon stock, you may not want to buy from me through this forum.

i'm new to this forum and don't know if i can post an email or phone number, so for now i won't. i guess if you respond to this thread i will be emailed and will try and contact you.

you can request specific titles or general themes and i'll do my best.

fly safe,

Well, you're in the Classifieds, so post some titles and let's see what happens...

If you have 6000 books perhaps you have I Taught Ameilia to Fly by Neta Snook Souther. If you do I'll buy it.

Also, should post any Soaring or Glider related titles. Some hardcore glider pilots here always on the lookout.

I'm reluctant to purchase from someone who created a profile here just to sell books. Though the name sounds familiar.

shywon

Well, you're in the Classifieds, so post some titles and let's see what happens...

how about the 9 volume "civil aircraft" series buy joe juptner or a first printing of "fate is the hunter" by gann. i have a number of the putnam series of aviation books. i have many years of the "aircraft year book" series. so many books, only 2 eyes.

I'm reluctant to purchase from someone who created a profile here just to sell books. Though the name sounds familiar.

shywon

i have an rv-8 at khao, had a 170b, fly for delta and flew in the AF(c-130 and t-38 ip). that ring any bells? you can look under airwolfbooks on amazon and check my feedback.

If you have 6000 books perhaps you have I Taught Ameilia to Fly by Neta Snook Souther. If you do I'll buy it.

matt, sorry i don't have it. i'm amazed at the number of aviation books out there. i've given up on getting them all.

Also, should post any Soaring or Glider related titles. Some hardcore glider pilots here always on the lookout.

i have some and i'll try post post them when i get home.

have a nice 63 Skyhawk for sale... $25,000..cheap flying . runs real smoooth and fast...419-636-4635..ask for Ron

66 Cessna 150 for sale ...$16,500... new paint excellent....419-636-4635 ask for Rowle:eek:

Cool I can't wait to see the list. I'd be interested in any German titles in addition to soaring related stuff.

here's a few german titles:
ace of the iron cross by udet
eagles of the black cross by musciano
red baron by kilduff
wings of the luftwaffe by brown
blond knight of germany by toliver/constable
warplanes of the 3rd reich by green
fokker, man and his aircraft
fw-190 grinsell/watanabe
stuka barker
many "in action" books

that should get you started.

i have the joy of soaring also.

let me know if you are interested in any.

How about the 9 volume Joe Juptner?
Dave

i have the mcgraw hill reprint available right now and should have the original editions any day now. i have the reprints listed for 325 on amazon. they are in excellent shape and the dust jackets are wrapped in clear archival covers. i'll sell for 275 direct plus 15 for usps media mail shipping and insurance. i'd be happy to quote the other books when i get a better look at condition. if you fly down to khao and pick them up, no shipping charge!

fly safe,

Good morning Airwolf,

Does your collection include any aviation magazines?

yes i have hundreds of magazines from wings to airpower to flying to air progress. anyway, lots of magazines.

You should just post the listing so we can pick and choose.

i don't have the magazines on a database. i think i'm going to try and load a couple boxes in the back of the plane and try and sell the inexpensive stuff at fly-ins. i do have a database of books for sale, but i need to update it. if you have any specific interests or titles, just email or post here. i just fedexed dave grimm a set of the juptner books on civil aircraft. he can report back on my service. his delivery is friday.

On the mags, give a basic idea - are they from the 40s, 50s, 60s, what?

i have magazines from 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, even a few from the 40s. i have mostly american magazines and some british. lots of flying, air progress, air classics, airpower, wings. and that's not all.

fly safe,

Good Lord. 6000 aviation books? Is that even possible? I didn't know there were that many. I salute you sir, I buy books at a rapid clip and I don't have anywhere near 6000 books.

big house, lots of shelves but still lots of books. what books are you interested in? i've got about 1,000 to move out the door!

fly safe,

Got my Joe Juptner series, They are like new and came quick.
Thanks,
Dave

I have a number of Ernest K. Gann books available, including a first printing of "Fate is the Hunter," also "High and the Mighty" and "Fortune is the Hunter."

I like to come back to this thread every year and a half or so and see how it is doing. I have been selling aviation books on Amazon as "airwolfbooks." My feedback is 100% and 5 stars. Any book I have listed there I will sell here for at least 10% less. I also can combine shipping which can't be done on Amazon.

I do have the Juptner US Civil Aircraft available, both versions- the Aero original or the TAB/Aero reprints. 300 for the set shipped fedex 2 day.

I have books on WACOs, Mooneys, Pipers, Cessnas, Rearwins, Luscombes, Monocoupes, Stinsons and many others. I have WWII books, WWI, Vietnam, Korea. I have a large collection of Civil War aircraft books. Well, not really on the Civil War, just checking to see if you are reading.

I still don't have a web site, but I have about 400 listed on Amazon and have 1000s at home.

If you are looking for an aviation book give me a try.

Finally, my N number is N80XL and if you look under google images, a few photos will pop up. You should be able to see my name on the front, left canopy rail. No interest in ripping anyone off.

Well, I just got an email from someone that came across this thread so I thought I'd stop by. I still have lots of aviation books for sale. Still selling on amazon and still no individual website for my books. Amazon is great for selling expensive books, not so much for $15 and under. The fees will eat you up. I've sold books at IPMS(Int'l Plastic Model Society) conventions in CVG and DAY and had good luck selling less expensive books in bigger volume.

I have lots of GA books on technique and airmanship and also planes like WACOS, Eaglerock, Ercoupe and many other.

Look forward to hearing from you and have a safe summer of flying.

larry

Do you have a link to your amazon store? Or how do we find people's stores in amazon?

saracelica,

Thanks to you I figured it out! amazon.com/shops/airwolfbooks is the link to my store. I only have a small fraction listed.

fly safe,
larry

Back