Aviation Audio Cable for GoPro, iPhone and Smartphones

stevenhmiller

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Steve's Archer
I'm not selling, I'm just relaying a great experience I had with a company that many pilots may benefit from their product. I have no affiliation with this company, just a happy customer!

I was looking to buy an audio cable to connect my GoPro Hero 3+ to the comm on the airplane, to capture the audio between myself and my co-pilot, as well as ATC. I preferred to go the less expensive route and build my own and found a company called Lakeside Electronics, LLC (their website is shown below as a link.)

They have kits available for purchase, along with free schematics on their website. Also, detailed directions on the website on what's involved in building your own. I ordered the kit and ran into the problem messing up the small circuit board. In looking at the small resistor that needs to be soldered on the USB connection, I realized I was in over my head with that aspect alone, since my soldering iron wasn't fine enough, and being 53, my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

I contacted Pete at the website and explained to him my issues and he offered to build me a new cable, for just the cost of return shipping. Well, I jumped at that offer quickly. I mailed back my botched parts and within a week later had a newly built cable in my mailbox.

Pete stands behind his product and customer service is awesome! Email responses are quick also.

If you are looking for an audio cable as described, I'd surely give Pete a shot at earning your business. I'm extremely happy with the quality, price and especially the service.

Here's the link to his website: http://www.airpatchcable.com/

Tell him Steve sent you! ;)

Back