Aviation Attention Getter

shyampatel94

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Shyam Patel
What is a good aviation attention getter? Just to catch the audience's attention you know? It is for a project.

What is a good aviation attention getter? Just to catch the audience's attention you know? It is for a project.

"I know a guy who took off with an empty fuel tank, ran out of fuel (big surprise!), crashed and wants 10 million dollars."

stolen from the 'net:

Taxiing down the tarmac, the jetliner abruptly stopped, turned around and returned to the gate.

After an hour-long wait, it finally took off.

A concerned passenger asked the flight attendant, "What was the problem?"

"The pilot was bothered by a noise he heard in the engine," explained the Flight Attendant, "and it took us a while to find a new pilot."

how about:

"I just flew into town this week. Man are my arms tired."

Ba dump bump.

"I know a guy who took off with an empty fuel tank, ran out of fuel (big surprise!), crashed and wants 10 million dollars."

Lol! That was a good one.:D

One of Frank Holberts IFR videos where he starts on top of a cloud deck, shoots the approach, and has the runway magically appear off the nose as he breaks out 300-400 AGL.

http://160knots.com/videos.htm

Or the question to the Audience: "What does this piece of paper, a big breath of air, and the wing of an aircraft have in common?" Which leads into a short talk of how an airfoil creates lift.

I can't imagine a more vague description. :dunno:
:yeahthat: Could be anything from a quick one-liner for a small group discussion, to a record-breaking RV formation fly-over for a large outdoor event. So give us a bit more detail otherwise there's no help here...

I was on a Quantas flight once - 747 departing Sydney sitting in business class on the upper deck. After pushback, the plane taxied back in to the terminal and shut down. The first officer said over the intercom "We have a problem with the number three engine."

An hour and a half later, after technicians shuffled back and forth with little boxes, the first officer announced "We believe we have found an alternative to the problem. We will be departing shortly."

(Alternative to the problem? WTF does that mean?)

Oh and by the way the captain was female. Probably the reason the FO was doing the speaking. Actually the FO did all the announcements through the whole flight.

The name of this tread seems to say it all about you. "Attention Getter."

It has become obnoxious to me and I tried to throw you some hints but now I see I am not the only one who thinks so.

I guess we are saying that you are getting ridiculous with your over sized need for attention and stupid questions. We are not going to write a paper for you. Judging by the feedback you are getting you might want to take a step back and see what you are doing wrong.

Last edited:
Looking at the posts you are getting attention.

Here's a topic sure to get some attention:

Why did David Martz have his helicopter license revoked?

I fold a bunch of simple airplanes out of brightly colored paper, stack them and throw them simultaneously. Looks pretty and grabs lots of attention.

Now that's a good one! Never read that before. Sometimes I just wonder what some of these people were thinking of.

Now that's a good one! Never read that before. Sometimes I just wonder what some of these people were thinking of.

You mean the pilot or the administrator that brought the complaint? :goofy:

You mean the pilot or the administrator that brought the complaint? :goofy:

Lol! The pilot of course. If someone wants to engage in said sex act you shouldn't be doing it at night, seat belts off, over a populated area. Land your aircraft in your backyard, roll the throttle to idle, and do what you want. :D

As in what plane to buy? Staggerwings always draw a crowd

Show the audience a stack of $100 bills...then light them on fire. Say "If you thought those disappeared quick, try owning a plane."

Well, on a somewhat regional basis; and my "project" is evident.
(Excuse the noise; ISO 1600, in the relative dark, and hand-held)

HR

Attachments

• DSC03635.JPG
    DSC03635.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 21
Get out of the airplane (the pilot's seat) with sunglasses and a white cane.

Am I the only one amused by the first line of the report?

"Respondent appeals the oral initial decision"

I wonder which specific oral decision that was :D

Back