Aviation Art

LevelWing

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LevelWing
I'm looking for aviation art recommendations. I'd prefer black and white on canvas. I don't have any specific theme in mind (military, civilian, etc.) I want a larger print for a wall with a couple smaller ones for each side; they don't have to make one image either. I've checked both art.com as well as fineartamerica.com. What are other places that are recommended?

I'd contact Steve Ornelas from Aviation & Space Arts - great guy - he operated a gallery in Laguna Beach for years before going online. Well connected and has access to all kinds of art, artists, memorabilia (signed and otherwise).
http://www.aviationandspacearts.com/AboutUs.html

I have full Stovall (?) prints of the B-52 and the B-1, plus I have a couple of Dru Blair lithographs of the B-1. A "Lotsudo" B-1 print, the artist was a B-1 crew member that I have flown with. Plus a few color photos on the wall. One is a great takeoff photo with full AB at sunset with an orange sky background.

Stovall, I'll check the correct artist name spelling when I get home.

I own the pilot/gift/art shop at KCCB. I have tons of prints framed and unframed. 75% are WWII era. The rest are misc but aviation themed. My wife is in the process of putting all the art on our online store. If you have an idea of what you want I will post pics.

I have purchased from artusa.com in the past. Good luck in the hunt. I find truly interesting, or creative aviation art tough to find. If you're not too picky, there is loads of it out there.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking for things along the lines of this, this or this. Not necessarily those, but things along those lines. I'll take a look at the links posted as well and see if anything catches my eye.

Back