Avgas...

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
You know the prices on Avgas are getting high when you start to see THIS at the local gas station, as I did on my way home yesterday when I stopped for fuel for the car. Read the bottom line. Sorry for the picture quality, it was on my cell phone:

Troy Whistman said:
You know the prices on Avgas are getting high

Actually they are coming down nicely. I paid $2.89 yesterday.

Anthony said:

Was that Front Range Anthony? It was $2.93 Sunday. I was going to do Platte Valley bit when I saw the price it wasn't worth the extra stop. Save over $60 from home.

ejensen said:
Was that Front Range Anthony? It was $2.93 Sunday. I was going to do Platte Valley bit when I saw the price it wasn't worth the extra stop. Save over $60 from home.

Hi Eric. No, it was at Platte Valley. FTG was $2.99, but as I was flying just to shake the rust off, I figured I'd fly up there and fill up instead. I think $2.93 is the weekend price at FTG, it usually comes down a little every Saturday/Sunday. Your airport has very high gas prices. Any news on what's going to happen there?

Anthony said:
Your airport has very high gas prices. Any news on what's going to happen there?

3V5 is private so income is limited. They push the gas prices as far as they can. FNL usually up there too so no local competition. The flight schools use Greeley when they can. They put a 30 gal/month minimum on the hanger renters.

The stockholders that didn't want to sell are fighting the slim majority that contracted for the sale. Some question on whether they had the right to sell what they did. Property consists of several parcels. Ownership of one of the parcels is in doubt. So there are lawsuits. Some of the folks trying to save the airport are going to the business community to sell the airport as an asset. So we have a small reprieve with hopes of a permanent solution. FNL won't have more hangers for 2-3 years. And I didn't want to drive to Greeley or Cheyenne. Outside is a terrible option.

ejensen said:
So we have a small reprieve with hopes of a permanent solution. FNL won't have more hangers for 2-3 years. And I didn't want to drive to Greeley or Cheyenne. Outside is a terrible option.

Well I feel for you. Sounds like there is a chance of staying, though. I hope it works out.

Anthony said:
Where I'm based at CRG in Jax, gas is $4.85. Less than 20 miles away at St. Augustine, it's $2.85. Delightful 20-mile flight, that.

Ken Ibold said:
Where I'm based at CRG in Jax, gas is $4.85. Less than 20 miles away at St. Augustine, it's $2.85. Delightful 20-mile flight, that.

At KFCM it's 3.45-4.25. Along my route to Texas today I've found prices at many airports down around $3 but some were still well over $4.

BTW autogas prices have dropped below $2 for regular around Minneapolis.

Back