Avgas Prices Now?

FormerHangie

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FormerHangie
I was up at the lake getting our waverunner out of the water today, and saw prices for 87 octane E10 below $3. Gas prices are down, but it seems like only for mogas. The marina sells Marathon Rec 90, which is 90 octane E0, and it's been $5.29 all year. You can buy that at terrestrial gas stations near the lake for $3.70 - $4.30, and it hasn't moved much. I'm not flying so I'm not in touch with Avgas prices, what are you seeing? Have avgas prices come down from earlier in the year?

Seeing most places between 5 and 6/gallon. A very few slightly below $5 in the Southeast.

Last week it was right at $4.00/gal for Avgas from the supplier. The lowest I’ve seen in awhile. Advertised prices will start coming down if nothing catastrophic happens on the geopolitical front. It takes several weeks for Avgas to follow pump gas prices.

At what price will avgas have to go to before folks here stop flying.??

Okeechobee, FL (KOBE) is $4.95 for self-serve.

We just got a delivery yesterday of 100LL at our airpark from a fuel dealer - $4.45.

The FBO at KOMN has been selling ss avgas for $6.65 for well over a year.
Of course, the FBO (and I use the term loosely because they provide zilch for service to pilots) also owns the flight school, so most of their gas goes to their own airplanes. They could not care less about the GA aircraft on the field. We often fly about 20 or 30 miles to save $1.50 to $2.00/gallon.

About $6.40 Friday at KIYA (Abbeville, LA) and $7.15 KPNS (Pensacola). $7.44 today at KHOT (Hot Springs, AR). Both full serve. No break in my neck of the woods :(

Edit- $6.58 at KIYA. Just got the invoice :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just lowered from 5.29 to 4.99 at my normal fuel stop. Paid 6.20 at my home drome cuz I'm an idiot....or lazy. Probably both.

The FBO at KOMN has been selling ss avgas for $6.65 for well over a year.
Of course, the FBO (and I use the term loosely because they provide zilch for service to pilots) also owns the flight school, so most of their gas goes to their own airplanes. They could not care less about the GA aircraft on the field. We often fly about 20 or 30 miles to save $1.50 to $2.00/gallon.
Well that settles the Flagler vs Ormond debate when I go to Daytona.

Umatilla is usually the lowest in the central FL area. Just under $5 now. Too little difference from FIN @$5.45.

I fly out of the Boston area. 100LL is $6.85 -7.25 in my local area. No signs of it going down. In fact we just went up a few weeks ago at my home field from $6.50 to $6.85 — which is still reasonable compared to the airports around me.

Paid $4.28 in east Texas last weekend (they had a special on), $4.91 in Covington TN on Friday. My base is at $5.19 on the self serve.

Repping Canada in the avgas price comparison: My home field is at $2.85 per liter which checks out to $10.83 per gallon. Now, that’s Canadian dollars so in US dollars that’s $7.94.

Paid $4.28 in east Texas last weekend (they had a special on), $4.91 in Covington TN on Friday. My base is at $5.19 on the self serve.
Went to Covington twice last month was also $4.91

Like what?
There are so many flight school planes on the apron that there is no place to park a transient.
Even if there is a place to park, there is nobody to marshal you in.
If you do manage to find a place to park and go in the FBO, and even if there is someone behind the counter, they ignore you until you wave and call out for help.
Then the only "help" the provide is to take your tie-down fee.
Want a rental car? Can't help.
Want a courtesy car? Ha!
Need a boost or GPU? Uhuh.
Oxygen? Ain't happening.
Need water? Food? Snack? A ride somewhere? help with your luggage? Wrong airport.

But they will take your money, and even send a fuel truck to your plane if you can get hold of them. But FS Avgas is $7.32 when you can get FS Avgas at DAYTONA (Class Charlie) for $6.71 or SS Avgas at New Smyrna (KEVB) for $4.92 (About 6 minutes away).

And that is just what I can come up with off the top of my head before coffee.
I base my plane there because it is close to my house and I have had a hangar there since 2009.
But even my on field A&P is close to retirement and only works 9am to noon on Mon, Tues and Wed.

Repping Canada in the avgas price comparison: My home field is at $2.85 per liter which checks out to $10.83 per gallon. Now, that’s Canadian dollars so in US dollars that’s $7.94.

I thought you guys in Canada used beaver skins and toilet paper for currency... :lol:

(yes, there was a few times in Aalska I traded toilet paper for goods)

GA is a captive market and I don't think they have much incentive to lower the price. After all we all have to be rich to fly airplanes..right?:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

I thought you guys in Canada used beaver skins and toilet paper for currency... :lol:

(yes, there was a few times in Aalska I traded toilet paper for goods)

Toilet paper used to the be the hottest commodity and worth more than our dollar. That changed after that whole COVID nonsense calmed down again.

Sounds like the Mogas and to a lesser extent, diesel has come down, but the specialty fuels have not.

The fancier the FBO the higher the price. UL 94 running anywhere from 7.50 to 8.50 can’t find Mo gas.

In my area, 100LL prices start with a 5, 6, 7, or 8 -- and there seems to be NO correlation between services offered, coolness of the nearby town, quality or presence of airport cafe, or frankly anything else. I try to hit the fives more often than the others. My home drome rides that 7/8 line. I haven't bought any of it yet. I don't know why they even stock it.

The cheapest I'm aware of in ID is $5.75...

Our local airport charges $7.25/gallon. 30 NM away, 100 LL is available for $5.94/gallon. Most of the airports in the area charge around $6.50/gallon. We have some very expensive Avgas in the Puget Sound region.

Current home base 06C is charging $6.35/gallon while PWK (Corp reliever nearby) charges over $8 and 3CK about 10 min by air charges $5.60.

Monroe WI (KEFT) near Janesville shows $5.12.

I guess we've got it pretty good near Chicago/Rockford/Milwaukee.

Current home base 06C is charging $6.35/gallon while PWK (Corp reliever nearby) charges over $8 and 3CK about 10 min by air charges $5.60.

Monroe WI (KEFT) near Janesville shows $5.12.

I guess we've got it pretty good near Chicago/Rockford/Milwaukee.
Burlington is 4.99. 57C (East Troy) and 10C(Galt) are usually pretty competitive as well.

$7.21 at KSMN! While I think about it more, it really hasn't decreased my flying too much. But, I have been pretty busy lately anyway.

$5.95 - 6.35 in the SAT area. There’s still places in the $4.25 - $5.00/gal range within 100NM though.

$6.55 this past weekend at KSNC in CT. They set their price the day the truck delivers a load, and don't change it until the truck comes back with the next load.

$5.75 100L at C56 ( Bult) and closest ethanol free Mogas 91 ( for my Rotax 912ULS) at KJOT (Joliet ) is at $6.

Back