AVGas discussions at Airventure

Yup. There was also supposed to be an ARC presentation, canceled 'case the FAA folks couldn't come, due to furlough.

Jon Z. made the Swift presentation. They have step one of their ASTM spec approved, and are working with contract manufacturers toward an arrangement. He criticized GAMI half a dozen times, and played a bit fast and loose with the science.

George B. Made the GAMI presentation. They've made a huge breakthrough with the FAA on certification, and have both a path defined now toward certification, and an FAA offer to extend their eventual approval to the fleet, versus the one or two models they're seeking initially. His only mention of Swift was in response to questions about same.

Paul

Yup. There was also supposed to be an ARC presentation, canceled 'case the FAA folks couldn't come, due to furlough.

Jon Z. made the Swift presentation. They have step one of their ASTM spec approved, and are working with contract manufacturers toward an arrangement. He criticized GAMI half a dozen times, and played a bit fast and loose with the science.

George B. Made the GAMI presentation. They've made a huge breakthrough with the FAA on certification, and have both a path defined now toward certification, and an FAA offer to extend their eventual approval to the fleet, versus the one or two models they're seeking initially. His only mention of Swift was in response to questions about same.

Paul

Encouraging stuff.

Disappointing to hear about one group throwing-down on the other; I guess character (or its absence) shows.

Encouraging stuff.

Disappointing to hear about one group throwing-down on the other; I guess character (or its absence) shows.

When you have an inferior product you tend to do that. Not that Swift's is inferior, but we are not going to end up with both fuels. I don't like that the feds seem to be helping one and hindering the other.

Back