shoprat

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jeff
hi, I'm wondering what the average wait time is to hear back about my 3'd
class medical.

it was supposed to be sent to faa on 4-20, just curious thanks

Unless there is a problem,you should walk out of the office with the cert. ,pending FAAS review.

I think I heard that the FAA was on a 40 day wait now. Bear in mind that is 40 work days or 8 weeks not including holidays.

Are you waiting on an SI or something special?

Thanks for the replies!
went in on the 14th for my first ever medical(airmans) no real problems but
he wanted more documentation on Thyroid (how long, results etc.)so had my dr write something up and brought it back to ame.

At the exam he told me right off he wouldn't issue that day because it was my first time but would the next time if no changes(2years from now) I guess it kind of made sense at the time because neither him nor the faa had any prior record of me. But he did say he thought it would only be a week or two to hear back from FAA. Is this correct that they will issue and he is basicly out of it now?

Before you go in for your medical, you have to research the AME you plan to go to. Some have lots of business, others have very few repeat customers.

It sounds like you were deferred for the thyroid issue. Your best answer on how long that will take to resolve will probably come from AME expert Dr. Bruce Chien, who doesn't visit here any more. You can reach him directly via his web site, or check on the AOPA Forums.

Ron that's where I got the 40 days
I think the time delay might depend on a lot of factors not covered here. Best bet for a reliable and accurate answer would be for the OP to contact Bruce directly with all the particulars.

That's fine and recommended. Just passing on that the FAA is now running 40 days

I renewed my third class medical on same day visit to AME without any delay.

Back