Average age of Comanche pilots - ICS

Tony_Scarpelli

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tony_Scarpelli
Hi guys, its a slow day and I was wondering. Ive gone to a few international Comanche society events and fly ins and it seems that the average age there is north of 65 years old and I always feel like one of the young bucks at 57.

I can't remember where but I seem to read that Comanche pilots tended to be a bit older than other aircraft clubs.

What do you find and think about your type clubs?

The international 170 association seems to be the same way perhaps a bit older. I'm 35 so going to a 170 meet is interesting. I enjoy listening and learning from my elders.

You may find members dropping out every year. Oh well

José

And from the title, I thought we were going to talk about a collection of Joe Farrell's....

If you go to the national conventions of most of the type clubs, I think you will see older, retired people. They have the time to go, no work commitments, don't have kids in sports and stuff like that. We have a few younger people in the Short Wing Club but a lot of the rest are older than dirt. They are a lot more fun to be around than dirt but are still older.

Barb (slowly becoming older than dirt)

The international 170 association seems to be the same way perhaps a bit older. I'm 35 so going to a 170 meet is interesting. I enjoy listening and learning from my elders.

You probably cut the average member age in half.

Hopefully the part 23 re-write curbs this demographic trend.

Hopefully the part 23 re-write curbs this demographic trend.
I think the demographics of pilots has always been older. Even 30 years ago it seemed like there were mostly retired people at pilot get-togethers. Like Barb said, they don't need to work, kids are grown, etc. so they have time. I've almost caught up to them in age.

I think the demographics of pilots has always been older. Even 30 years ago it seemed like there were mostly retired people at pilot get-togethers. Like Barb said, they don't need to work, kids are grown, etc. so they have time. I've almost caught up to them in age.

Keep trying, you'll catch up.

I would hazard a WAG that your average Comanche pilot is roughly the same age as a Navahoe or a Caddo or a Blackfoot...

HOW!

Chris

Back