AvClicks fired a shot for Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtuuri

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
dtuuri
Last Thursday I declined to resubscribe to the Powerpoint to HTML5 converter software I use in developing my AvClicks.com tutorials. The software was developed by a Russian and now has a USA address. Apparently, lots of companies and universities also use the software as it is very good. Last night while on their website a chat session popped up on my screen to ask if I needed some help. Here's my exchange in the hope it inspires others to apply pressure directly to any Russian citizens they deal with to stop the war in the Ukraine:

iSpring: Hello! This is Tina with iSpring Tech Support!

AvClicks: What are you doing to stop the war?

iSpring: We respect your concern and of course, we are concerned as well and want everything to be ok as soon as possible.

AvClicks: Are you protesting?

iSpring: We want to stress that our company is completely separate from any political actions and does not have ties to the government.

AvClicks: Silence implies consent.

iSpring: We only want to continue to be able to provide excellent digital learning tools and customer service just as we have always done.

AvClicks: After you stop the war, I hope.

iSpring: Can I help you with iSpring tools today?

AvClicks: I'm going to wait until you stop Putin before I subscribe again. Good luck. They can't arrest you all.
I also responded last Thursday and again on Sunday to a solicitation to resubscribe to their software. Here are both messages. I hope it helps others with ideas to motivate the population over there to stand up against the violence:

Hi Nadya—

Here is my reply to Julia Stells. If you are not in Russia, please forward to someone who is. I stand with every person who fights for freedom, regardless of which side of the Ukraine border they live on.

Hi Julia,

I’m hoping you and everyone else in your country is busy trying to overthrow the despot who rigs your elections and poisons his political opposition. So, I won’t be subscribing until he’s gone and you will be free to devote all your time to your very good product. When he’s gone, maybe you can get your duly elected government to return the Karelian Isthmus to the Finns in addition to recognizing Ukraine as an Independent country (so rightly deserved after Stalin starved so many Ukrainians). My Finnish ancestors would be pleased. I’m pulling for you all. Good luck. Putin has got to go.

Dave Tuuri​

Last Thursday I declined to resubscribe to the Powerpoint to HTML5 converter software I use in developing my AvClicks.com tutorials. The software was developed by a Russian and now has a USA address. Apparently, lots of companies and universities also use the software as it is very good. Last night while on their website a chat session popped up on my screen to ask if I needed some help. Here's my exchange in the hope it inspires others to apply pressure directly to any Russian citizens they deal with to stop the war in the Ukraine:

iSpring: Hello! This is Tina with iSpring Tech Support!

AvClicks: What are you doing to stop the war?

iSpring: We respect your concern and of course, we are concerned as well and want everything to be ok as soon as possible.

AvClicks: Are you protesting?

iSpring: We want to stress that our company is completely separate from any political actions and does not have ties to the government.

AvClicks: Silence implies consent.

iSpring: We only want to continue to be able to provide excellent digital learning tools and customer service just as we have always done.

AvClicks: After you stop the war, I hope.

iSpring: Can I help you with iSpring tools today?

AvClicks: I'm going to wait until you stop Putin before I subscribe again. Good luck. They can't arrest you all.
I also responded last Thursday and again on Sunday to a solicitation to resubscribe to their software. Here are both messages. I hope it helps others with ideas to motivate the population over there to stand up against the violence:

Hi Nadya—

Here is my reply to Julia Stells. If you are not in Russia, please forward to someone who is. I stand with every person who fights for freedom, regardless of which side of the Ukraine border they live on.

Hi Julia,

I’m hoping you and everyone else in your country is busy trying to overthrow the despot who rigs your elections and poisons his political opposition. So, I won’t be subscribing until he’s gone and you will be free to devote all your time to your very good product. When he’s gone, maybe you can get your duly elected government to return the Karelian Isthmus to the Finns in addition to recognizing Ukraine as an Independent country (so rightly deserved after Stalin starved so many Ukrainians). My Finnish ancestors would be pleased. I’m pulling for you all. Good luck. Putin has got to go.

Dave Tuuri​
You are an inspiration to us all. What color ribbon are we supposed to tie around our tree out front? I want everyone to know that I care too as long as it doesn’t cost me anything or interrupt my routine. I stopped drinking a lot of vodka too. Good thing I’m well-stocked and rum and bourbon.

Last edited:
You are an inspiration to us all. What color ribbon are we supposed to tie around our tree out front? I want everyone to know that I care too as long as it doesn’t cost me anything or interrupt my routine. I stopped drinking a lot of vodka too. Good thing I’m well-stocked and rum and bourbon.

My Vodka comes from Sweden, so I'm good.

je suis ukraine!

see, see, I'm doing my part!

My Vodka comes from Sweden, so I'm good.
My Vodka comes from Oregon and is just as good/better than any that I've tried from that other place.

My Vodka comes from Oregon and is just as good/better than any that I've tried from that other place.

And you probably get your meatballs from Connecticut, too! :)

Hey great job. Sure it’s a tiny act in the big picture but a beach is made up of lots of little pieces too!

I found a bottle of Russian dressing in the back of the fridge. Into the trash it went!

It expired in 2018, so I probably should have done that a long time ago.

We live in a country where we can protest our President and there are no consequences. In Russia, they've arrested thousands already for protesting. They have to fear for their lives or the lives of their families. You even say Putin poisons his opposition. So you're now asking a software company what they're doing to stop the war? Living in Russia and trying to make a living doesn't make you a criminal. Not sure what you think you're accomplishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back