AVC-SUN Brand Readers

rk911

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
rk911
I need reading glasses and use the drugstore cheaters. But I also would like to wear sunglasses when flying. I'm using a pair of flip down sunglasses but because the flip-downs are polarized I have trouble seeing the glass panels. So I either don't wear the flip-downs or am flipping them up and down as needed.

Did some on-line searching and found a bunch of companies selling bifocal sunglasses...most at a very cheap price. One company, AV-SUN, seems different, at least their pricing is different. Believing that you generally get what you pay for I contacted the company with some questions that were promptly answered. A bit of web searching actually led me to a thread on this forum from a couple of years about this company and their products.

I'm looking for any first hand experience anyone has had with this company or product since that thread ended. I'm most concerned with being able to clearly and easily see the panel, my charts, iPad, etc. through the magnifying portion. Am I wasting my money? Any comments good or bad would be appreciated.

Rich

Back