Greg Bockelman

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Bockelman
I want to use one of the pics Diana took as my Avatar. Problem is it is 500 by 350. Two questions. How do I edit it down to fit, and what is the current max size for an avatar?

Thanks.

The standard size for an avatar is 100x100 pixels. The upgraded size, available for a contribution, is 200x200 pixels.

You can use most graphics programs to crop it or resize it to fit. I've got several and would be glad to give you a hand if needed. Just e-mail me the pic at baustin @ pilotsofamerica.com and tell me what size you want.

Brian Austin said:
The standard size for an avatar is 100x100 pixels. The upgraded size, available for a contribution, is 200x200 pixels.

You can use most graphics programs to crop it or resize it to fit. I've got several and would be glad to give you a hand if needed. Just e-mail me the pic at baustin @ pilotsofamerica.com and tell me what size you want.

Thanks Brian.

I figured that out as you were replying from another post on the same subject. But now it won't upload for some reason. I get the following message:

There has been an error in the upload. Please ensure that the file has been correctly selected and that the upload has taken place successfully.

Any suggestions?

Can you verify the file size (pixels and bytes)? What kind of file is it? JPG/JPEG? GIF?

Greg Bockelman said:
I want to use one of the pics Diana took as my Avatar. Problem is it is 500 by 350. Two questions. How do I edit it down to fit, and what is the current max size for an avatar?
Greg, if you want the full sized versions of any of your pictures, let me know, and I'll get them to you.

Your avatar looks nice. :)

Brian Austin said:
Can you verify the file size (pixels and bytes)? What kind of file is it? JPG/JPEG? GIF?

I guess its irrelevent because I notice that the Avatar is there. I'm so confused. But that isn't new with these confounded contraptions called computers. :yes: :confused: :confused: :(

The only thing that counts is the end result.

I declare you an Avatar Expert! :D

Back