Avare question, How do you display TAC?

exncsurfer

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
exncsurfer
In Avare, maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe its just a bug, but I downloaded the Charlotte TAC and I pan over to Charlotte on the sectional view, then do the menu, select TAC, for my chart option and it just goes black and says 'download TAC'. Tried zooming in/out, no dice.

Anyone else use the Charlotte NC TAC in Avare having issues? I've never tried it before so maybe I'm doing it wrong. I've switched between Sectional, WAC, IFR charts and I figured this would work similarly.

Thanks

bump... no? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller, Frye, Frye, ....

hmmm I dl'd the TAC put it as my destination and switched to TAC instead of sectional and it works for the two I have DL'd atl and charlotte

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160913-110036.png
    Screenshot_20160913-110036.png
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
hmmm I dl'd the TAC put it as my destination and switched to TAC instead of sectional and it works for the two I have DL'd atl and charlotte
hmm, lucky. i tried on two different devices same results.

Try deleting the chart and downloading it again.
yep, tried that. tried phone and tablet, phone on latest avare, tablet on the previous version, same result.

nice, what I didn't do was to try the same thing today, and that must have fixed it. ok, ???

I see what was happening, for some reason, it doesn't overlay the TAC geographically when you switch charts, it must change the zoom level or something. It put the Charlotte NC TAC 'over' Knoxville when you switch from the Sectional back and forth. So, I found it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Outside the map I download the StL sectional and the StL TAC. Then when I go to the map, the TAC is part of the map and moving away map becomes the Sectional. It's a smooth transition. I have to pull some detail on the StL area to realize it is showing the TAC rather than the Sectional.

Hi.
Go to Simulation mode, also make sure in Menu>Tac is showing in the lower righht. TV

Deleted.. For some reason I thought a different app was being discussed. Must be getting into my dotage :D

Last edited:
hmm, the zoom sectional to TAC doesn't work for me, maybe a bug with CLT in particular(since its over Knoxville, maybe its popping up over there, no way to tell.

Back