Austin

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
was a-hopping this afternoon! Got there around 3pm and the nice lady controller was shooting instructions to about 10 a/c at auctioneer-speed. Never seen so many targets all at once on the tcas, lined up in and out of the runways. Got our first 'traffic' annunciation, a cherokee doing 360s for spacing in front of us on final but we saw him easily. Approach had given us 210kts minimum, and 20 seconds later wanted minimum fwd speed......then speed up again past traffic! (?!?) Landing, we notice a citation parked on the highspeed with cfr vehicles all around and a pool of liquid beneath it. Rampie tells me they hit a bird on approach and it penetrated the leading edge to the fuel cell and was gushing jet A all the way to stop, and they saw the pilots running from the airplane. Looked like it hit 6 feet outboard, I could imagine the fuel shooting towards the engine inlet! Back again Sunday noon. :)

Hey, Dave, I rolled trucks at AUS once, absence of three greens on landing (I didn't call for 'em, but when I asked them for a fly-by visual check of the gear, they took it on themselves...).

'Course, the lights came right on as I took the turnoff from 17L.

You get to have more flying fun than I do. Lucky stanker!

SCCutler said:
You get to have more flying fun than I do. Lucky stanker!

I 'let' (he did offer) the boss fly, I was too stressed/tired to do more than swing gear and yak today.
I was fairly glad those guys took the bird out or our flight path... (but certainly didn't wish them any harm).
I was trying to imagine the bill for replacing that heated leading edge, fix the tank etc... Yike$!

Dave,

Must have just missed you.

I dropped somebody at Trajen around 6 tonight. Drop and run.

bill

Back