Austin Straubel for a Packer game

ScottinIowa

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ScottinIowa
Looking for anybody that flown into KGRB for a game. I have a single engine aircraft. What kind of fees can I expect? Does it get crazy for arrivals and departures?

Looking for anybody that flown into KGRB for a game. I have a single engine aircraft. What kind of fees can I expect? Does it get crazy for arrivals and departures?

A friend of mine has done it... Just to stay at the FBO and eat all the food they put out for the pilots! :rofl: I think it was reasonably cheap. I've always wanted to do that, but every Packer game I've been to has had weather not conducive to flying.

I flew into KGRB a couple years ago and from what I remember the gas wasn’t cheap, but no fees for our stop. We did not spend the night though.

Now the real question is why do you wanna watch the Packers? :cornut:

I’ve been there a few times with charter customers. No idea what the fees are for a small single engine, but I know the FBO runs a shuttle to the stadium and don’t remember anything remarkable about arrival or departure

I was there the night Brett Favre's first game as a Vikings quarterback played against the packers.
It was a zoo, so much corporate iron on the ramp they were parking along one of the taxiways on both sides, nose to nose. The FBO was sending a van out to pick up pax but were so overloaded that people were walking down an active taxiway. I saw families as they were walking throwing a football around left and right like it was a neighborhood park, completely clueless.
The FBO was packed as well, they did their best to accommodate the crews.
I found a semi-quiet corner to read a book, not a sports fan and I don't follow either team.

After the game, it was about a 30 minute wait just to get in the line to the runway, and about another 30 minutes for take off.

I flew into KGRB a couple years ago and from what I remember the gas wasn’t cheap, but no fees for our stop. We did not spend the night though.

Now the real question is why do you wanna watch the Packers? :cornut:
Well, because they're the Packers. :D

I’ve been there a few times with charter customers. No idea what the fees are for a small single engine, but I know the FBO runs a shuttle to the stadium and don’t remember anything remarkable about arrival or departure
I was hoping they ran a shuttle. I'm sure we'd get crushed for an Uber or taxi. Thanks!

I was there the night Brett Favre's first game as a Vikings quarterback played against the packers.
It was a zoo, so much corporate iron on the ramp they were parking along one of the taxiways on both sides, nose to nose. The FBO was sending a van out to pick up pax but were so overloaded that people were walking down an active taxiway. I saw families as they were walking throwing a football around left and right like it was a neighborhood park, completely clueless.
I found a semi-quiet corner to read a book, not a sports fan and I don't follow either team.

After the game, it was about a 30 minute wait just to get in the line to the runway, and about another 30 minutes for take off.
Sounds about right for a game of that magnitude. Hopefully this one will be a bit more relaxing.

A friend of mine has done it... Just to stay at the FBO and eat all the food they put out for the pilots! :rofl: I think it was reasonably cheap. I've always wanted to do that, but every Packer game I've been to has had weather not conducive to flying.
I've heard the spread is pretty dang sweet. We were going to just do KATW, but I don't see any reason we can't just get into GRB and shuttle to the stadium.

There are shuttles from Appleton as well. If spending the night, I prefer Appleton anyway...the downtown has a lot more to do and the airport is really easy in and out.

There are shuttles from Appleton as well. If spending the night, I prefer Appleton anyway...the downtown has a lot more to do and the airport is really easy in and out.
I was not aware of the shuttles from Appleton. I assumed we'd have to rent a car or grab a pricey Uber. Good to know for future reference. Thanks.

I have flown in there as a passenger and will be there for the Vikings game this weekend. There is a pretty long line of planes when the game is over as you'd expect. Fun experience.

Da Bears.

I'll go to my hometown Bears' game at Soldier Field as soon as they reopen Meigs field.

They done ruint my home town. Took out Meigs and the gun club on the lake.

I have flown in there as a passenger and will be there for the Vikings game this weekend. There is a pretty long line of planes when the game is over as you'd expect. Fun experience.
We're planning on flying in for the Viking game too. Weather could be iffy, but hoping for the best. It's a 4.5 hour drive by car from NE Iowa.

LOL I was there in a 182, and the line of biz jets waiting for IFR release was rediculous. I was glad when the ground controller askred if I was able to accept an intersection departure ;-)

I only have experience with Title Town (now the Signature FBO), and they are great All fees are waived with a top off/10 gal fillup, AND you get complementary cheese curds.

It is a rather small, sleepy Class C. There are several of non-towered airports I know of that are busier. Gas is less than $5 a gallon. Looks like Jet Air gets better reviews, and waives with relative small purchases.

I flew into KGRB a couple years ago and from what I remember the gas wasn’t cheap, but no fees for our stop.

Less than $5 a gallon isn't cheap? Ok.

They must have dropped the price because Clintonville which is just to the West Was Always way cheaper like 2 bucks cheaper when I looked over the years.

They must have dropped the price because Clintonville which is just to the West Was Always way cheaper like 2 bucks cheaper when I looked over the years.

Clintonville is still cheaper for sure, it's generally the cheapest fuel north of Oshkosh in the state. But, I don't think Green Bay is outrageous either. I bet for most of us, the cost of ground transportation from CLI would make GRB the better option.

Clintonville is $4.10. GRB is $4.85. A 75 cent difference in that Arrow in the photo isn't going to make up for the 27 mile drive each way.

Had to cancel the flight because of Wx... Wife was not thrilled we had to make the 4.5 hr trip in the car instead but is what it is. At least we won. :D

It is a rather small, sleepy Class C. There are several of non-towered airports I know of that are busier. Gas is less than $5 a gallon. Looks like Jet Air gets better reviews, and waives with relative small purchases.

Less than $5 a gallon isn't cheap? Ok.
It was higher than that when I was there in 2017. If it’s less than $5 now, then that’s cheap.
Exactly.

Clintonville is $4.10. GRB is $4.85. A 75 cent difference in that Arrow in the photo isn't going to make up for the 27 mile drive each way.

I said was, not is. The price difference used to be be A LOT more than 75 cents.

I've been in there on charters for the Viking game and the Broncos game this year. It was no big deal to fly in. If flying in IFR, you will want to file OSH in the route, as they want to run everyone through there and then vectors after OSH. It was a lot busier for the the Viking game than the Bronco game, but even departing wasn't that big a deal. There is a departure procedure for taxiing depending on which FBO you are departing from. We always go into Executive.

Back