Augggghhhh! (N.A)

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
Tonight my family went to a local theater to watch Angels and Demons. About 5-10 minutes from the end of the film (when a priest begins to carry the "antimatter bomb" away from the Vatican in a helicopter), the theater lost part of their electical power killing the movie. The audience sat there for several minutes thinking that someone would fix the problem but nothing happened so I got up and went looking for help. I met a kid who worked there (he had on a company shirt) and he said he'd fix it right away (at this point it wasn't obvious to me that there was a power problem as all the lights in the hallway were on). I went back in and sat down for another 5 minutes but nothing happened so I headed back out. No one was in the hallway this time nor in the projection booth. I found a couple kids way back at the ticket taker's stand and I also discovered that all the projectors were inop (8 theaters) along with lights in the lobby and part of the hallway. The employees I talked to had no idea what to do and were just standing around talking about how they might give refunds. I went back to the theater room and told everyone what I'd found and by then several customers were leaving the other theater rooms and heading up front to the cashier's counter. As far as I can tell, no one ever bothered to let anyone in the theater rooms know what was going on or told them what they should do. They gave my wife (who had gotten separated from me and my daughter) a couple "free passes" but only after they made her go back to find her ticket that had gone into the trash along with the popcorn bag. I didn't have my ticket anymore either and decided to just get the car, collect my wife, and go home since there was now a line with a couple hundred people in it waiting for refunds.

So now it looks like I'll have to pay for the movie again and sit through the first two hours again just to see the last few minutes (yes I've read the book). For some reason I don't feel very "entertained". And I can't believe they leave a few 16 year old kids to run a large theater complex who have no idea what to do when the power dies.

Tonight my family went to a local theater to watch Angels and Demons. About 5-10 minutes from the end of the film (when a priest begins to carry the "antimatter bomb" away from the Vatican in a helicopter), the theater lost part of their electical power killing the movie. The audience sat there for several minutes thinking that someone would fix the problem but nothing happened so I got up and went looking for help. I met a kid who worked there (he had on a company shirt) and he said he'd fix it right away (at this point it wasn't obvious to me that there was a power problem as all the lights in the hallway were on). I went back in and sat down for another 5 minutes but nothing happened so I headed back out. No one was in the hallway this time nor in the projection booth. I found a couple kids way back at the ticket taker's stand and I also discovered that all the projectors were inop (8 theaters) along with lights in the lobby and part of the hallway. The employees I talked to had no idea what to do and were just standing around talking about how they might give refunds. I went back to the theater room and told everyone what I'd found and by then several customers were leaving the other theater rooms and heading up front to the cashier's counter. As far as I can tell, no one ever bothered to let anyone in the theater rooms know what was going on or told them what they should do. They gave my wife (who had gotten separated from me and my daughter) a couple "free passes" but only after they made her go back to find her ticket that had gone into the trash along with the popcorn bag. I didn't have my ticket anymore either and decided to just get the car, collect my wife, and go home since there was now a line with a couple hundred people in it waiting for refunds.
Wow, that sucks. I can't imagine a worse time for something like that to happen.
So now it looks like I'll have to pay for the movie again and sit through the first two hours again just to see the last few minutes (yes I've read the book). For some reason I don't feel very "entertained". And I can't believe they leave a few 16 year old kids to run a large theater complex who have no idea what to do when the power dies.

There is one other option...

:aureola:

:nono::devil:

Back