Audiobooks...

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by calberto, Aug 28, 2016.

1. calberto

calberto Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    Calvin
    I don't know if you guys listen to audiobooks or not, but I freakin' love them. Perfect for mowing the grass, doing chores around the house, or even on long flights.

Audible.com is what I use. I've had the subscription for like a year now and can't complain. Business books, the classics, fantasy-- all well read by the narrators.

2. Everskyward

Everskyward Administrator Management Council Member PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Everskyward
    I have gotten into listening to audiobooks on long drives. If I try to listen on long flights I fall asleep. The only drawback is that sometimes I'll realize that I haven't been listening and have been thinking about something else. Time to rewind.

calberto likes this.
  3. denverpilot

denverpilot Taxi to Parking

Display Name:

Display name:
    DenverPilot
    You people with working autopilots. Sheesh. Sleeping and listening to audiobooks. ;)

calberto and Everskyward like this.
  4. Skip Miller

Skip Miller En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Skip Miller
    I can highly recommend "It doesn't take a hero" by General Norman Schwartskopf, and read by the author. Gulf War 1. I was fascinated by how the General had exactly the right civilian and military background to pull off this stunning success. Back in 1999 or so I was commuting 70 miles or so, mostly by highway... it made me anticipate the drive! I can remember several times sitting in the parking lot at work, waiting until the chapter ended. -Skip

calberto likes this.
  5. calberto

calberto Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    Calvin
    I have to rewind quite often too ;)