Audio recorded from headset great except when plugged in.

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Sitting here, I can run a cable from my Zulu 3 headset to my phone and record my voice and it sounds Crystal clear.

In the plane, the recorded audio is terrible. I have recently had an issue with my internal audio in the plane and ever since, audio sounds terrible.

Does the headset know when it is plugged in and direct the sound from the plane back out that cable versus running the audio straight from the controls to the cable?

To simplify it is as if the headset goes "Oh I am plugged into the plane now, lets send what he is hearing versus what is coming out of the mic to the out cable."

Does it do something different when it is plugged in versus not?

This may be a conflict of impedance-sessess. Or, I am very confused. How have you been recording audio for the last 10k videos?

This may be a conflict of impedance-sessess. Or, I am very confused. How have you been recording audio for the last 10k videos?

Nothing has changed in my process. I started having issues in the plane with audio (static, etc)
Now that stuff is coming out of the audio cable into my recording.

However when I record disconnected from the plane it is good.
It seems the plane's audio issues are making it to the output from which I record.

I was hoping the cable running out of the headset would not be impacted by the plane's audio issues.

Any new phone or tablet chargers you’re using in the plane? No new LED lamps?

If the cable out of your headset is capturing everything your ear hears, it sounds like it is working correctly.

Does the symptom follow the headset to other jacks (I.e. co-pilot side), or other planes?

The audio out jack sends both what comes from your mic and what goes to the ear cups. If your voice sounds like crap in your ears ( via the intercom) its going to sound like that on your recording because the recording is capturing what goes to your ears. When you try it with headphones unplugged, there is not audio going to your ears so you're only capturing what comes from the mic at that point.

The audio output jack does not stop capturing the ear cup feed when you're talking.

Sounds like it's time for a new plane - the only way to be sure.

Sounds like it's time for a new plane - the only way to be sure.

haha. I just need to get this one fixed. I have come to that point in ownership where I am starting to bleed money.
Flap motor is out, Radios are starting to glitch (getting stuck and I can't swap or change freq.), ADSB time, annual and insurance in June.
I need a side gig.

haha. I just need to get this one fixed. I have come to that point in ownership where I am starting to bleed money.
Flap motor is out, Radios are starting to glitch (getting stuck and I can't swap or change freq.), ADSB time, annual and insurance in June.
I need a side gig.
So, you might have been better off with the Cirrus? :eek:

Back