Audio Panel Upgrade

i am getting a new audio panel installed as a part of a bigger project, they are replacing ALL wires connected to the audio panel with all new jacks etc. a year or so ago i was quoted about 5k for the job with 3k being just labor, now that its a part of a bigger job, he cut me a deal, but only because all the panel and side walls etc are coming off anyway they would have to run new and get rid of many old wires

I just finished running a 4 place intercom in my 172. The rear intercom wires were a pain in the ..well.. rear. Seats and carpet came out along with the side panels. Fishing the wires and ensuring they're secure and away from the flight control cables. Sometimes, I'd have to have an arm in different inspection holes and pass wires from one hand to another in the blind. My arms just barely fit in there too. It took a few days. Boy, am I glad that's past me now.

I had the PS Engineering 7000B and just upgraded to the 8000G. My suggestion would be to install one of the 8000 series audio panels because that is where most of the new features are added first. Transition from the 7000 series to 8000 series is about $1000 so better to start with the 8000 series.

As many have said already, installing a complete new audio panel is not for the faint of heart. I’ve done it several times now, and I’m still amazed when it turns on and just “works!”

https://www.facebook.com/aviationaddict/photos/a.983222411808453/1686260128171341/?type=3

To be honest, it saves time and headache to just pull the entire stack...

If I did that I think I would blow my "stack" ;)

Anyhow, I decided on the 7000BT from both the added value side, cost and ease of install. Also, The additional options on the higher level equipment aren't really needed by me. I can reuse the audio bottom connector and will have the intercom panel top harness made. I've asked for a quote from Fast Stack for Audio panel, install kit and harness, awaiting their reply. I had thought I might be able to do an intercom harness through the existing SPA400 plug BUT PS didn't think that was a good idea.

Not to pile on but... the PMA8000G and PMA450B have flightmate(R).
Mark, no doubt that you have built a first class organization. The value of your service policies are pretty much unparalleled in our world. I have an older 6000 unit (and a Garmin 340 in another aircraft). As I prepare for an upgrade I am confused about the specific features available in the 8000 series versus the PMA450B. Do you have some type of side-by-side comparison that paints the picture more clearly? Maybe it's available on your website, but I haven't found it. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Mark, no doubt that you have built a first class organization. The value of your service policies are pretty much unparalleled in our world. I have an older 6000 unit (and a Garmin 340 in another aircraft). As I prepare for an upgrade I am confused about the specific features available in the 8000 series versus the PMA450B. Do you have some type of side-by-side comparison that paints the picture more clearly? Maybe it's available on your website, but I haven't found it. Thank you and keep up the good work!
Thank you Rob for you very kind words, it is humbling. It is ALL about the organization. I have been so lucky to have had the opportunity to bring our team together. Our culture is to listen, evaluate, decide, and execute. Most of our inventions have come from our customers. My love for flight has been important but it’s our team’s passion to be the best at what we do is what makes PS Engineering the company it is today.
If you go http://www.ps-engineering.com/docs/PSE_Brochure.pdf
The last page does have a big ‘ol matrix which may or may not help. What I like to do is learn about the type of flying that is done and what the navigator(s) are installed. If you’d like, please give us a call next week, I’m sure we will enjoy our conversation.
Thanks again.
Mark

My love for flight has been important but it’s our team’s passion to be the best at what we do is what makes PS Engineering the company it is today.
This is such an insightful comment. Commitment and passion from a team like yours only comes from the vision and examples set at the top of the pyramid.

If you go http://www.ps-engineering.com/docs/PSE_Brochure.pdf
The last page does have a big ‘ol matrix which may or may not help.
This brochure is exactly what I was looking for! I will give you a call next week with any remaining questions and to share a reflection on building a great organization. Thank you!

This is such an insightful comment. Commitment and passion from a team like yours only comes from the vision and examples set at the top of the pyramid.

This brochure is exactly what I was looking for! I will give you a call next week with any remaining questions and to share a reflection on building a great organization. Thank you!

You will enjoy talking with Mark Rob, whether you buy panel or not. Speaking from personal experience

Back