ATTENTION Piper Arrow III owners.

Alex Batista

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Runway25
I have a simple question. The Arrow III has a total fuel capacity of 77 gal of fuel vs 50 on the earlier models. Is there a “visual” way to know when the tanks are at 50? Like tabs or something like that? If not, how many gallons of usable fuel do you have at “tabs” vs the 72 usable when it’s full? I appreciate the input. Thank You!!

You don't have a POH available? They're all over the internet. But yeah, the tab in the large Arrow III and beyond are for exactly 25 gallons usable; bottom of the filler neck is full tank (38.5 total per side, 36 usable per side). You won't find a pipette for the large tanks available pre-marked commercially, you'll have to calibrate your own. The small PA-28 tanks do have them available online, I own one and I swear by it.

In the small tank arrows (25 gallons total per tank, 24 usable per tank) the tab is 17 gallons usable.

Just buy a stick.

Well that’s pretty obvious :p lol, I’m just asking because sometimes when you land at an airport you can just tell the lineman “Fill it to the tabs” making it a bit easier and avoiding errors.

You don't have a POH available?

I forgot to mention I don’t yet own this aircraft, so no, I don’t. But I could google one. But you guys here give some good input other than just a simple answer ;)

the tab in the large Arrow III and beyond are for exactly 25 gallons usable

That’s very helpful! Thank You!! :D

You won't find a pipette for the large tanks available pre-marked commercially, you'll have to calibrate your own.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that. You’d think someone would’ve come up with one. But no biggie, we wouldn’t be pilots if we couldn’t do a little math right? ;)

Back