Attention Ohio aircraft owners...

Gary Ward

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Challenger1
Did you get the Ohio aircraft registration in the mail last month?
I got my first one last month since owning the plane since late 2018.
Was not even aware that there was such a thing.
I tried to do it online and was not successful.
'I mailed it this past Monday so it would be postmarked this month.
Due today.
I guess I flew under the radar the last few years until they caught up with me?
It is 15 bucks a seat, so 60 bucks per year for a 172.
I didn't get scammed did I?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it is related to this 1997 sticker I took off my plane when I bought it. I have seen some others with multible stickers on their planes. I didn't like the look and took it off and a few other old decals when I bought it.
Wonder if I get a sticker showing I registered. Does anyone ignore it, the registration letter?
046_4.jpg

052_3.jpg

Gary,

You didn’t get scammed. I bough my plane in 2022 and registered it then by sending in the paper form. This year I got a letter from the state and he ability to register and pay online (through a third party site). They charged me $15/seat but I had to pay them $75 for my bonanza since according to them I could have 5 seats but only have 4 installed.

You will get a postcard similar to your FAA aircraft registration from the state, but no sticker. Once you can pay online, you can print your Ohio registration instantly after paying.

Dave

Gary,

You didn’t get scammed. I bough my plane in 2022 and registered it then by sending in the paper form. This year I got a letter from the state and he ability to register and pay online (through a third party site). They charged me $15/seat but I had to pay them $75 for my bonanza since according to them I could have 5 seats but only have 4 installed.

You will get a postcard similar to your FAA aircraft registration from the state, but no sticker. Once you can pay online, you can print your Ohio registration instantly after paying.

Dave
Thanks for the info.

You'll get a nifty little handbook of Ohio airports and a VFR sectional of the state for your efforts.

Back