Attention: Kent Shook . . . . . .

Typical media. First they say he has a load of logs, later they say pulp. I think the latter is correct (no need to contend with leaking fluids from a load of logs.)

Sad to say, this one's on the truck driver for not exercising "PIC" authority. There's no reason to think a load of pulp is that important. :no:

Typical media. First they say he has a load of logs, later they say pulp. I think the latter is correct (no need to contend with leaking fluids from a load of logs.)

Sad to say, this one's on the truck driver for not exercising "PIC" authority. There's no reason to think a load of pulp is that important. :no:
I actually thought the fluids were things like fuel, but yeah, unless "logs" includes ones that have been mashed. Hey, maybe they mean the logs were turned into pulp on the way down the ravine!:hairraise::goofy::dunno:

I actually thought the fluids were things like fuel, but yeah, unless "logs" includes ones that have been mashed. Hey, maybe they mean the logs were turned into pulp on the way down the ravine!:hairraise::goofy::dunno:

Though I'm uncertain as to the specifics in this case, usually, up here, the loads getting trucked to the paper mills are pulp wood -- 4' long -- not logs.
Logs, more often than not, will be en route to the lumber companies' saw mills.
And if this load was "pulp wood" the reporter's term of "pulp" would unlikely be wood chips or other processed material. I suspect the writer assumed that a 4' length of a tree is a log, incorrect that he would be.

HR

You ever have a 4' piece of pulp roll over your leg?

Can't say that I have; however, I do know how to handle pulp hooks, used to handle and stack 4' tree sections into cordage piles which then await the trucker to come and transport same to Boise Cascade, International Paper, and other paper mills.

Back