Attention Dallas area pilots! Free Aviation Seminar Announced

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I recieved an email announcing that The Air Safety Institute is putting on the following free seminar:

Say Again? Radio Communication Done Right
Description: Stymied by radio chatter every time you fly? Does everybody else get "cleared direct" and you don't? The Air Safety Institute digs deeper into radio communication in this information-packed seminar. Hear the other side of the story from air traffic controllers. Find out how to increase your margin of safety through effective communication with ATC. Don't miss this informative safety seminar designed to improve your communication skills and decrease your workload as a pilot.

More information at this link.

It looks like there will be two sessions to accomodate folks on both sides of the metroplex.

Monday, September 12, 2011 at 7:00 PM
2540 Meacham Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76106

and

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 7:00 PM
15650 Addison Road
Addison, TX 75001

I plan on attending, but can go to either location. Speak up if you plan to attend and which place, and then I'll meet up with the larger group.

Same information was also posted on DFWPilots.com

--Mike Farlow
--Denton County Auto & Truck Recycling
--Denton, TX

Thanks for making us aware of this class. I am in for the 9/13 class in Addison. Let me know if you find any other locals to attend.

Bill D.

I just went to the site to register and it said that registration is not required. I hope I can get my WINGS credit.

I plan on attending the 9/13 event in Addison. I'm sorry I'll miss you on this one Tango.

Doc

Unless something drastic happens, I will be in Addison tomorrow night (Tuesday.) Hope to see some of you there.

Doc

I attended this event in Addison last night. I thought it was worthwhile, but it would have been more valuable if I had more comm experience.

It was also worthwhile because I got a 2012 copy of the FAR/AIM book for being the person that had driven the farthest to attend.

It also was worth it because of the video they showed at the beginning. They gave a short video overview of a Sopwith Camel and then showed it flying in formation with a Spitfire. They said the Camel was flying at wide open throttle while the Spitfire on it's wing was barely above stall speed. Great video.

Doc

Last edited:
I was sitting on your row last night. I think I was the second person from your left! Congrats on winning! How far did you drive?

I also found the event to be worthwhile and I really appreciated the ATC guys coming to answer questions and listen to feedback.

Fly safe!

Back